- DOMESTIC RANKING. // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/12/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p38
Provides information on domestic ranking of investment banking in the U.S from January 1, 2003 to December 31, 2003. Domestic bonds; Corporate debt; Asset-backed securities; Federal credit agency debt; Mortgage-backed securities.
- New Hires. Berry, Kate; Hochstein, Marc // American Banker;12/7/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 234, p9
This article reports that Barclays PLC's investment banking unit has hired Vincent Breitenbach from Countrywide to be the head of credit research for the Americas. Breitenbach will be based in Barclay's New York office and will oversee research on several types of bonds, including asset-backed ones.
- LatAm cross-border picks up steam as vanilla market languishes. F.O. // Asset Securitization Report;5/31/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 22, p20
Reports on asset-backed financing deals in Latin America. Pricing for Banco Salvadoreno's $100 million transaction; Export receivables deal from steelmaker Gerdau; Investment banks involved in the deals.
- S&P Details the Profitability Of the Bond-Backing Business. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;11/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31025, p1
Reports on the attractiveness of bond issuers' asset-backed business in the United States. Pricing of asset-backed policies; Municipal bonds' share of the insurers' overall business; Prioritization on market share above economics.
- Weighing Tobacco Options. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/07/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31032, p1
Reports on Tennessee's securitization plan for the state's 4.8 billion dollar share of the national tobacco settlement. Use of money to deal with budget deficits; Possible sale of tobacco bonds.
- Cautious Louisiana Steps Closer to Tobacco Settlement Securitization. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/14/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31037, p3
Reports on the plan of Louisiana to securitize their shares of the national tobacco settlement. Presentations concerning the market for such transactions; Structure of the bonds.
- Attorney Fees Won't Hinder California Tobacco Bond Deals. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;7/16/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31428, p36
Reports the ability of the state to issue tobacco bonds secured by settlement proceeds in California. Increase of attorney fees related to tobacco liability case; Assessment of the planned securitizations; Share of the state on the total settlement amount.
- CBOs Still Need Structural Changes. // High Yield Report;9/16/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 36, p1
Reports on the need for structural changes of collateralized bond obligations (CBO). Impact of economic downturn on the CBO: Views of experts on the status of CBO; Proposals of structural changes for CBO.
- Issuance breaks January record. F.M. // Asset Securitization Report;1/29/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p6
Presents an overview of the asset-backed market in the U.S. for January 2001. Bond prices; Investments in stranded-cost bonds; Securities.