A Comeback Role for IPOs
- Competition keen for finance options. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;8/05/96, Vol. 15 Issue 31, p1
Focuses on the competition among high-technology companies seeking financing through initial public offerings (IPO). Characteristics of the typical IPO market; Comment by Harry Friedman, professor at Leonard N. Stern School of Business; Activities by the law firm Brobeck Phleger & Harrison in...
- After a year of excruciating volatility, tech bankers keep fingers crossed. Celarier, Michelle // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/11/99, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p26
Reports on the performance of the technology industry financing market in the United States during 1998. Internet initial public offerings (IPOs); Internet's creation of market value; IPO for eBay Inc.; Consumer Internet names' domination of technology; Volatility of the market.
- Roll with it. // PC Week;5/6/96, Vol. 13 Issue 18, pA4
Reports on the success of the initial public offerings of high technology companies in the United States.
- Financings roundup. // Medical Device Daily;7/15/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 136, p7
The article offers information on a shelf registration statement filed by Arcadia Resources with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), which will enable the company to offer and sell in one ore more public offering up to 25 million worth of common stock, warrants, senior debt...
- Small bankers corner market for tech IPOs. Willis, Gerri // Crain's New York Business;7/08/96, Vol. 12 Issue 28, p3
Reports on the growing number of high technology firms in New York City hiring small investment banking firms to manage initial public offerings (IPO). Financial companies which have managed high technology IPOs as of July 1996; Reason for the popularity of small banking firms; Competition with...
- Q2 IPOs fare much better than Q1's in aftermarket. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;05/22/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 21, p16
Reports that initial and follow-on stock offerings priced since the beginning of the second quarter of 2000 have performed better than those issued during the first quarter of 2000. Study by Thomson Financial Securities Data; Realistic positioning of deals that have been coming to market;...
- Capital crunch? Saharow, Anya // MediaWeek;10/06/97, Vol. 7 Issue 37, p50
Focuses on concerns over the scarcity of startup capital for Internet companies. PowerAgent's suspension of its operations after failing to raise a second round of financing; Findings of a Morgan Stanley Dean Witter study on Internet-related initial public offerings (IPOs); Relative maturity of...
- Finance & Markets: From meed.com. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/2/2011, Vol. 55 Issue 35, p16
The article offers news briefs related to the finance sector in the Middle East including lowering of interest rates by Egypt's central bank, reshuffling of the board of the Dubai International Financial Centre, and decrease in the number of initial public offerings in Middle East and North Africa.
- SECURITIES IN REGISTRATION: EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/13/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 35, p54
This article presents a list of planned new offerings that have been registered with the SEC in the past one month, but have not yet come to market. Deals that have been withdrawn are excluded. The List is broken out into two sections: equity and debt. Initial public offerings are identified by...