Office Space Woes May Well Continue
- Kilroy Begins Work on $45 Million Del Mar Heights Office Project. HIRSH, LOU // San Diego Business Journal;11/17/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 46, p27
The article reports on the construction of Kilroy Realty Corp. of a three-story office building at Del Mar Heights submarket in San Diego, California, which is designed by architecture firm Gensler.
- One Paseo Opponents Start a Referendum Drive. Hirsh, Lou // San Diego Business Journal;3/9/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on the referendum campaign of those opposing the $750 million One Paseo mixed-use development project of developer Kilroy Realty Corp. at Carmel Valley in San Diego, California. It mentions the efforts of the coalition What Price Main Street and its leader Ken Farinsky in...
- Sublease tide creeps to Rock Center area. Wipperfurth, Heike // Crain's New York Business;8/12/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p10
Reports the increasing vacancy of office space at the Rockefeller Center in New York City. Impetus to heightened vacancy; Factors mediating tenants to downsize operation; Initiative of the Center to attract tenants and renewals.
- Weakened market gives tenants power. Sodoma, Brian // Las Vegas Business Press;1/6/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the incentives offered by Las Vegas, Nevada office space landlords to tenants. Reasons behind the increased incentives offered by landlords to office tenants; Factors that affect the city's office space business.
- Kearns Bldg. reaches 100% occupancy. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;06/26/2000, Vol. 29 Issue 51, p17
Reports that Kearns Building in Salt Lake City, Utah has reached 100% occupancy. Size of the building; Number of tenants; Type of tenants; Contributing factors.
- West End minnows keeping office market afloat. // Estates Gazette;4/17/2010, Issue 1015, p37
The article reports on the increasing number of tenants in West End, London, England, including the online business networking company LinkedIn, that are searching for larger office space.
- Industry City Embarks Upon Rebranding Process. Kraat, Betsy // National Real Estate Investor Exclusive Insight;4/5/2012, p5
The article reports on the re-branding initiatives of Industry City that is aimed at attracting more tenants in its office space, which started with the event Brooklyn Fashion Weekend.
- Chinatown landlords rapidly convert factories to offices. Fickenscher, Lisa // Crain's New York Business;2/10/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p30
Focuses on the trend of landlords in Chinatown, New York City to rent their buildings to offices instead of garment factories which pay comparatively lower rents. Arguments of community workers in favor of garment factory employees; Expected advantages for the town from converting rented...
- Office tenants should take advantage of today's market. Funke, David // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/14/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p37
Identifies strategies office tenants could use to take advantage of existing office market conditions in the United States. Reasons for the downturn in the office market; Opportunities for negotiating office leases.