Financial Life Planning: Navigating Life Transitions
- ERISA Jurisdiction May Not Apply. Katt, Peter C. // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p40
This article addresses several issues related to the implementation of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) in the U.S. and its impact on the financial planning industry as of March 2003. The author notes that when ERISA jurisdiction applies, punitive damages aren't allowed and...
- Retirement: Plan for More Than Money! Chasen, Jerry // Journal of Practical Estate Planning;Dec2007, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p23
The article describes a model for retirement planning that can be used by clients in coming up with the most fulfilling and productive aspect of their lives. Retirement is found to be more than just an issue of money. Its underlying stressfulness seems to be caused by three factors. They refer...
- You're a Financial Grown-Up When…. Sahadi, Jeanne // Money;Apr2005, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p76
The article offers a look at how a person can tell if they have money maturity. Money maturity is less about reaching a specific financial milestone than it is about achieving a particular state of mind. You are well on your way when you realize the following: The right time to save is always...
- Holistic planning: a hurdle too high? Resnik, Paul // Money Management;2/24/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p13
Examines the applicability of licensees and planners' holistic approach to a client's financial wellbeing. Need to review value proposition, marketing materials and service competencies; Tools essential to the rapid construction of financial plans; Issues for comprehensive financial planning.
- Others to blame for woes? Try looking closer to home. Coan, Paul // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/5/2009, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p19
The article discusses the need for investors to the take responsibility for their actions instead of blaming others for the decline of their portfolios in the U.S. The author said that people must learn to live and enjoy living with less. The author said that the ailing economy is a great...
- Nearing retirement? Give yourself a financial check-up. Fay, W. David // Inside Tucson Business;11/9/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p17
The article offers advices on how retirees plan financially for a retirement. It states that it is important to examine the finances and inventory of retirements funds five to seven years before retiring so to give time to make adjustments to help meet the goals when retirement comes. It...
- Regaining control. Dyer, Glenn // B&T Weekly;11/19/2004 Supplement, p22
Provides tips for retirement planning in Australia. Options available at the Taxation Office website like do-it-yourself; Considerations for using retrenchment payment; Investment strategy.
- The Magic Number. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Apr2005, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p117
Discusses issues concerning the management of retirement assets. Basis of retirement age for financial planners; Factors to be considered by financial advisors in planning retirement finances; Challenges faced by advisors in retirement planning. INSET: The Wealth Gap.
- Why And How Retirement Literacy Needs To Increase. Greenwald, Mathew // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/3/2009, Vol. 113 Issue 15, p14
The article focuses on the importance of increasing one's retirement literacy in the U.S. and the areas of difference between income phase and accumulation phase. It is noted that there is no fixed target after retirement occurs and the penalty for missing the target increases. Furthermore, it...