Financial Planning and Murder. .
- VISA, MasterCard Say No Way To Know To Whom Refunds Are To Be Given. Kuykendall, Lavonne // Credit Union Journal;7/21/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 29, p13
Reports on the ruling of the Superior Court of California judge for VISA and Mastercard to pay refund fees charged for credit card purchases made overseas. Refusals of the companies to pay the refund fees; Contention over the violation of piracy rules; Specifications of the court's request for...
- LOOSE CHANGE. // U.S. Banker;Aug2002, Vol. 112 Issue 8, p12
Reports developments related to banking as of August 2002. Lawsuit filed against U.S. and Swiss banks by lawyer Edward Fagan; Collaboration of the Yellowstone Park Foundation and U.S. Bank to offer the Yellowstone Visa credit card; Explosion of a cash machine at an Asahi Bank in Osaka, Japan.
- Visa/MasterCard Antitrust Deck Is Full of Wild Cards. Kingson, Jennifer A. // American Banker;12/21/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 244, p11
Reports on the case filed against credit card associations in the United States. Order of the court to revoke the competitive programs policy of Mastercard; plan of Visa to appeal in the court; Reason for the lawsuit.
- Retailers Win Skirmish in Debit Battle. // Chain Store Age;Jul2002, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p68
Provides an update on a lawsuit filed by U.S. retailers Wal-Mart, Sears and Safeway against bank-owned credit card associations Visa and MasterCard, as of July 2002. Background on the case; Decision of the U.S Supreme Court on the appeal filed by the card associations.
- Are You Living Within Your Means? Winter III, F. Thomas "Tom" // Orthodontic Products;Jun2007, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p26
The article offers advice on managing personal finance. To increase rate of savings toward retirement, a person should establish a long-term goal and avoid overusing consumer debt. Other strategies to improve one's financial condition include using credit cards as little as possible, paying...
- A Story for Your Clients…. // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p24
This section presents a story for financial planning clients, wherein a couple with six-figure income filed for bankruptcy after amassing $461,000 in debt on 68 credit cards.
- Personal Financial Management. Scandlyn, Joy; Bowater, Kim // Chartered Accountants Journal;Feb2004, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p65
Offers advise on personal finance. Ways to avoid overspending during the Christmas season, and enjoy a guilt-free Christmas in 2004; Budgeting; Ways to management credit card spendings.
- SNOWED UNDER? Letourneau, Louis // Gay Times (09506101);Jan2007, Issue 340, p113
The article gives advice on financial management. The importance of having a substantial cash fund for an unforeseen emergency is suggested. It is recommended to keep between three and six months' net salary in a high interest, easy-access cash account. A way to deal with an unmanageable high...
- FÄ±nansal Ä±YÄ±lÄ±k HalÄ± Ã–lÃ§eÄŸÄ± (FÄ±HÃ¶) GeÃ§erlÄ±k Ve GÃ¼venÄ±rlÄ±k Ã‡aliÅŸmasi. Sunal, Onur // Ege Academic Review;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p209
The purpose of this study was to examine the validity and reliability of Financial Well Being Scale developed by Norvilitis, Szablicki, and Wilson (2003) for university students. In this study scales were investigated under the name of Financial Well-Being Scale (FWBS). FWBS was administrated to...