Utilities: Back to The Basics
- Plea to Texas lawmakers: Don't stick investors with utilities' stranded costs. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;05/29/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30403, p1
Discloses that Texas lawmakers have been urged not to hold investors responsible for the stranded costs public and private utilities could incur when the state's electric power market is opened to retail competition. Lack of agreement on a single best method for calculating and paying for the...
- Alternate rate mortgages: a must for the 1980s. Dodson, J. Cliff // ABA Banking Journal;Apr81, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p98
Reports developments of mortgage lending as of April 1981. Increase of mortgage rates; Impact of economic downturn in the mortgage market; Types of alternate rate mortgages.
- Strategy Shifts Anticipate Mortgage Volume Drop. Julavits, Robert // American Banker;5/17/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 95, p1
Focuses on the financial performance of various mortgage lenders in the industry. Impact of economic downturn in the industry; Improvement of business strategies; Details on the revenue growth of mortgage lenders.
- B&C Expert 'Not Optimistic' // Mortgage Servicing News;Mar2002, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p10
Presents views on the status of mortgage lending industries in New York. Opinions on the selling of Residential Money Centers to Aames at a low price; Discussions on small and niche mortgage markets; Effects of recessions and unemployment to the industry.
- Why I'm Happy. Kurson, Ken // Esquire;Dec2008, Vol. 150 Issue 6, p88
The author discusses global financial crisis and seeks to debunk a number of misconceptions about what caused the sharp economic downturn. He expresses his disgust regarding the policies of the former United States Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan. The author attempts to address several...
- Innovation is key to avoiding recession. // Mortgage Strategy;7/14/2008, p3
The author reflects on the need for new ideas and innovations in the mortgage industry to survive in the credit crisis in Great Britain. The author mentioned the effort of high street lenders lobbying the Bank of England to extend its Special Liquidity Scheme. According to the author,...
- Weiss Real Estate Becoming Concern. // National Mortgage News;8/25/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p18
Focuses on the factors causing the decline of the loan ratios obtained by various mortgage banks in Palm Beach, Florida. Impact of economic downturn on the earnings of the firms; Level of consumer spending.
- Roundup: Online Foreclosure Firm Sees Rising Defaults in Many Markets. // National Mortgage News;8/25/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p22
Focuses on the factors causing the rise of home loan defaults in the U.S. Increase of online sales; Affordability on the prices of the houses; Recovery of the lending firms from the impact of economic downturn.
- Commercial, Multifamily Volume Booms. Thangavelu, Poonkulali // National Mortgage News;8/25/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p25
Reports on the increase of the volume commercial and multifamily loans in Washington. Comparison of sales between the year 2002 and 2003; Recovery of various lending firms from the impact of economic depression; Level of competitive advantage.