Getty Trust Goes Taxable With $250M Revenue Bond Sale
- Getty endowment shrinks, slightly. Rosenbaum, Lee // Art in America;Sep95, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p29
Reports the release of annual report of J. Paul Getty Trust for the fiscal years 1993 and 1994. Details of the report; Comments of Susan Fox, controller of the Getty Trust; Views of the author.
- Greek bronze will stay in the Getty Villa. Lufkin, Martha // Art Newspaper;Apr2010, Vol. 18 Issue 212, p18
The article reports on the appeal filed by the Los Angeles, California-based J. Paul Getty Trust in April 2010 against a decision by Italian appeals court judge, Lorena Mussoni, that the 2,500-year-old bronze statue of the Fano Athlete, a key antiquity in the museum's collection, is Italian...
- Initiative to address digital imaging issues. // T H E Journal;Dec94, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p20
Reports that the Getty Art History Information Program of the J. Paul Getty Trust in Santa Monica, California has an international initiative to address issues related to the use of digital images in the arts and humanities. Model for the licensing of images; Contact information.
- Getty Grants. // Mimar;Sep90, Issue 36, p9
This article offers information regarding the project to conserve the adobe building of the Pueblo of Taos, New Mexico. It discusses that the project is one of the recipients of grants totaling $1.4 million from the J. Paul Getty Trust. Since January 1989, twenty-three architectural conservation...
- Getty expects to borrow more than $200 million for villa renovations. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;12/1/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30778, p3
Reports on the plan of the J. Paul Getty Trust to issue bonds to pay for major renovations to its villa near Malibu, California. Details of the plan for the Getty Center; Characteristics of the villa's buildings and grounds.
- The Tomb of Tutankhamum Conservation Project. // Ancient Egypt Magazine;Feb/Mar2010, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p10
The article offers information on the partnership of Egyptian Supreme Council of Antiquities (SCA) and J. Paul Getty Trust for the conservation and management of the Tomb of Tutankhamun.
- Getty bronze's day in court. Spence, Rachel // Art Newspaper;Feb2010, Vol. 18 Issue 210, p18
The article reports that Italian prosecutors have accused the J. Paul Getty Trust of Los Angeles, California of purchasing the Getty bronze statue in bad faith.
- Ensor gift to the Getty. R. C. // Art Newspaper;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 19 Issue 215, p18
This article reports on the acquisition by the J. Paul Getty Trust of James Ensor's 1888 painting "Les Genderames" from collector Richard Simms.
- Getty boss thinks big and encyclopaedic. Finkel, Jori // Art Newspaper;Nov2014, Vol. 24 Issue 262, p4
The article discusses the view of James Cuno, president and chief executive of the J. Paul Getty Trust, that all countries should establish a national encyclopaedic museum.