Connecticut Lawmakers May Delay $800 Million Debt Authorization
- Connecticut Will See a Budget Fight Despite Revenue Boost. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;5/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31875, p38
Reports on the insignificance of issuing tobacco bonds by Connecticut. Growth in the revenues of the state; Negotiation to amend the fiscal 2005 state budget; Speculation for a debate about the budget in the Legislature.
- Connecticut Lawmakers to Convene For Special Session on Bond Package. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;10/30/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32744, p28
The article reports that the House and Senate assemblies of Connecticut will hold a special session on October 30, 2007 to make a decision on the biennial general obligation bond package passed by the General Assembly on September 20. The Senate session will be held at 10:30 a.m., while the...
- Legislature Creates Manufacturing Caucus. // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/14/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 20, p27
The article reports on the formation of Connecticut bipartisan state lawmakers of a Manufacturing Caucus in the state legislature to promote the value and vitality of manufacturing in Connecticut.
- Bleary-Eyed Connecticut Lawmakers Pass $40B Budget. Burton, Paul // Bondbuyer.com;6/4/2015, p12
The article reports on the approval of Connecticut's budget by the state's House of Representatives and Senate on June 3, 2015.
- Tax hikes aside, Conn. gains on index. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/6/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p9
The article reports that the Connecticut General Assembly has climbed to seven spots in a Tax Foundation analysis of the business tax climates as compared to other U.S. states.
- Connecticut Technical Colleges. // Training & Development Journal;Sep68, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p23
Reports on a bill passed by Connecticut's General Assembly renaming the State Technical Institutes as State Technical Colleges and the Directors of the Institutes as Presidents of the State Technical Colleges. Approval of funds for establishing a State technical college in the greater New Haven...
- Connecticut Senate Narrowly Passes Budget. BURTON, PAUL // Bond Buyer;6/5/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33923, p4
The article informs that the budget plans worth of 37.6 billion dollars for the 2014 fiscal year for Connecticut has been approved by the states Senate committee.
- Legislature rejects comptroller's health insurance bid. Mariani, Dominic // Fairfield County Business Journal;6/17/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 24, p3
Reports on the rejection of Connecticut General Assembly on the health insurance bid of state comptroller Nancy Wayman. Members of the state health insurance program; Costs of medical care; Expansion of employees benefits.
- Connecticut Democrats Seek Talks With Governor. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;3/31/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33291, p4
The article reports on the move by the Democratic leaders of the Connecticut General Assembly to talk with Governor Mary Jodie Rell regarding the 500 million fiscal 2010 budget deficit.