Little Rock Resident Hopes Third Time's the Charm in Park Deal Lawsuit
- Little Rock, Tax Foe Back in Court on Park Bond Issue. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/22/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31389, p4
Focuses on the case between Little Rock against Nora Harris in Dallas, Texas. Legality of the 20 million revenue bond package; Court decision of judge Collins Kilgore; Views of city attorney Tom Carpenter on the case.
- Washington Office Bonds Illegal, Judge Rules; Buyers Find Hope. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31583, p1
Reports on the decision of an Island County, Washington Superior Court judge to declare the sale of $20 million bonds issued in October 2000 for an office park as illegal. Impact of the decision on investors; Agency that sold bonds; Investors' opinion about the decision.
- Group's Petition Aims to Stop Reno's Track Project. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;5/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31382, p5
Reports the lawsuits filed by the Citizens for a Public Train Trench Vote against the state in Reno, Nevada. Opposition on the bond sale for track project; Disruption of train traffic; Plan of filing for declaratory injunction.
- Florida Water Services Hires Law Firm in Dispute Over Utilities' Purchase. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/4/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31505, p39
Reports that the Florida Water Services Authority has hired a law firm to defend its proposed purchase of various privately held water and waste water systems around Florida. Amount of tax-exempt revenue bonds sanctioned by the authority to purchase the system owned by the Florida Water...
- Legal Threat to Oregon's Lottery-Backed Bonds Disappears. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/2/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31356, p36
Reports on the dismissal of the lawsuit filed by anti-gambling group against lottery-backed bonds in Oregon. Allegations of the group called Oregonians for Gambling Awareness against the 1984 initiative that created the lottery; Reason for the dismissal of the case; Ratings of the bonds.
- Suit Kills Virginia County Agency's Refunding, Though It May Return. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/1/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31419, p1
Reports the lawsuits filed by residents and taxpayers against the planned refunding of agencies in Loudoun County, Virginia. Cancellation on the lease-revenue bond deal; Details on the initiation of the suit; Rejection on the general obligation bond issue for the government center.
- LAW CASE REVIEW. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Sep86, Vol. 98 Issue 1117, p52
Presents review of various law cases in Great Britain as of September 1986. Decision of the High Court regarding the disclosure of debt amount by the debenture holders; Lawsuit regarding the applicability of the principle of caveat emptor; Grant of relief under Part XVII of the Companies Act...
- BAR CODE. // ABA Journal;Dec2000, Vol. 86 Issue 12, p16
Reports on a case filed by the city of Little Rock, Arkansas against Betty Deislinger for violating a code on historic sites. What was Deislinger's violation; Arguments of Deislinger.
- West Virginia High Court Throws Roadblock In Front of Lottery Bond Plans. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;5/19/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31638, p6
In a decision that could delay West Virginia's plans to issue more than $200 million of lottery-backed revenue bonds for development projects, the state Supreme Court ruled that members of the West Virginia Economic development Grant Committee were unconstitutionally appointed, but upheld its...