Complex Web Links Consultants Banks, and Illinois Issuer Officials
- Investors subscribe to Garvees despite long-term risks. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;06/24/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30669, p7
Focuses on the increase in municipal bond buyers' interest in Garvee road construction bonds issued by state governments as of June 24, 1999. Projected increase in number of issuers of Garvee bonds; Kansas Secretary of Transportation E. Dean Carlson's comments against Garvee bonds.
- Volume Off 24% From July 2005. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;8/1/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32435, p1
The article reports that state and local governments in the United States have sold around $26.05 billion of debt via 785 transactions in July 2006 as the volume of municipal bonds sold in 2006 continued to lag in the 2005 pace. According to Thomson Financial, tax-exempt borrowers sold around...
- MICHIGAN. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/21/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31101, p31
Reports that governor of Michigan John Engler has appointed various officials to serve on the Michigan Municipal Bond Authority. Names and positions of the appointed officials; Role of the board authority in administering financing for local units of government and school districts.
- D.C. Eyes Record-Low Rates for $661M Deal. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;11/30/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33224, p1
The article reports on the significance of the 661 million dollars worth of negotiated first taxable Build America Bonds (BAB) deal in Washington, D.C. According to district treasurer Lasana Mack, if the negotiation will be realized in December 2009, the expected interest rate will be between...
- Washington State Dominates Slow Calendar With $678M Sale. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;2/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31812, p7
Reports on the trading of general obligation bond series by the state government in Washington. Maturity date of the deal; Launch of a competitive offering; Bond ratings.
- N.Y.C. Won't Contest MAC Injunction. Braum, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;3/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31838, p1
No abstract available.
- Headline Risk Drains Mutual Funds. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;1/24/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33454, p1
The article reports on the 4 billion dollar outflow of municipal bond mutual funds in New York posted during the week ended January 19, 2011. It states that the new record, beating the old record of 3.1 billion dollar, is considered as a headline risk that continued to chase people from state...
- Competitive Bond Offerings. // Bond Buyer;1/28/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32803, p10
Several charts are presented that list competitive bond offerings of various municipalities in the U.S. including Nicollet County, Maine, Atlantic City, New Jersey and Long Beach, New York with description, amount, financial adviser and legal opinion.
- Maryland's Hefty $700 Million Offering Headlines Primary Market. ALBANO, CHRISTINE // Bond Buyer;3/4/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33870, p5
The article offers information on the U.S.-based bond market regarding the sale of obligation bonds worth 700 million dollars by the state government of Maryland in March 2013. It further adds that municipal bond market managed to give adequate gains on February 28, 2013 after posting high...