Muni Council Plans Central Post Office
Tags: SECURITIES industry
- Crash in 2000? Hrisak, Daniel M. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Sep97, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p89
Focuses on the securities industry of the United States. Implications of the year 2000 date conversion problem on the securities industry; Investor protection by the Council of Securities Regulators of the Americas; `Pay-to-play' practice of lawyers to obtain municipal securities business.
- It's not your father's bond market: Firm's advertising takes a new spin. Albano, Christine; Kushner, Aviya // Bond Buyer;08/25/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30216, p1
Features various securities firms in the United States that have used billboards, stadium advertisements and radio and television commercials to build brand-name awareness. Franklin Advisers Inc.; Ferris Baker Watts Inc.; Lebenthal & Co.
- Credit calendar. // Bond Buyer;2/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31321, p33
Presents a chronology of events scheduled for February 11-15, 2002 related to U.S. securities industry. Auction of four-week bills by Treasury Department; Announcement of January business inventory figures by the Commerce Department; Release of producer price figures by the Labor Department.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;4/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31867, p33
Presents charts depicting securities industry in the U.S. as of April 2004.
- DTCC, Latin American Depositories Set May Agenda. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;04/03/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 14, p20
Announces the holding of the Americas Central Securities Depositories Association's (ACSDA) first general meeting in New York City on May 8, 2000. Meeting's aim of determining the legal structure of the trade group and to discuss harmonization of regulations, market practices and...
- Securities industry regulators must act together. // Asian Business Review;May95, p52
Reports on the need for securities industry and regulators in to work together internationally. Comment by Malaysian Securities Commission chairman Datuk Dr Mohamed Munir Abdul Majid; Implications of derivatives losses in Malaysia and Barings Bank; Need to regulate excessive speculation.
- Wall street and ethics. Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Jan1997, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p5
Reports on how Securities firms are beginning to emphasize ethics in their continuing-education programs. Findings of New York-based Securities Training Corporation about the focus of 60 percent of securities firms; Requirement to securities firms.
- The securities industry and the New York-New Jersey region. Cantor, Richard // Economic Policy Review (19320426);Feb97, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p83
Presents a study on the securities industry in the New York-New Jersey region. Recent developments in the region; Industry's importance in the region; Trends in the securities industry.
- Statements to the Congress. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Jul92, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p492
Presents a review of the evolution and current state of the general asset-backed securities market by Richard Spillenkothen and Donald H. Wilson, both of the Federal Reserve. They say that the securitization process as it has evolved to-date has been beneficial to both the originators of...