Chicago Review Press Expands K-12 Offerings with Zephyr Acquisition
- Chicago Review Press Buys Zephyr Press. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;10/6/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 40, p10
Reports on the acquisition of publisher Zephyr Press by Chicago Review Press Inc. Terms of the deal; Benefits of the acquisition to Chicago Review; Plans of Chicago for the acquired business.
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;10/9/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 40, p4
The article presents news briefs on issues related to the publishing industry in the U.S. as of October 9, 2006. The senior management team of Chicago Review Press has acquired Trafalgar Square Publishing. Klopotek has acquired Global Turnkey Systems. Hachette Book Group will be the distributor...
- Thomson Learning Combines Two Higher Ed. Publishing Operations. // Educational Marketer;07/03/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p5
Reports that Thompson Learning company merged the operations of its higher education publishers, Brooks/Cole and Wadsworth, to create a an organization called Wadsworth Group.
- McGraw-Hill Children's Publishing Adds Frank Schaffer Publications. // Educational Marketer;06/04/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p3
Reports the acquisition of Toronto, Ontario-based Torsta's Frank Schaffer Publications by New York-based McGraw-Hill Cos. in May 2001.
- With Two Mega-Deals Closed, Future M & A Activity Seeks To Fill Niches. // Educational Marketer;8/20/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p5
Provides information on mergers and acquisitions in the publishing industry in the United States in 2001, including the acquisition of Boston Brahmin Houghton Mifflin by Vivendi Universal.
- Directory M&A--Ringing Up Higher Multiples. Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;4/29/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the high multiples to be paid by acquirors to purchase U.S. telephone directory publishing business and independent publishers.
- Gale to rouse Sleeping Bear. Smith, Jennette // Crain's Detroit Business;8/26/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p3
Reports on the acquisition of the children's division of Sleeping Bear Press Inc. by Gale Group in Detroit, Michigan. Employment of Sleeping Bear Publisher Brian Lewis at Gale Group; Customer base of the reference publisher; Terms of the distribution agreement.
- The toughest part of the transition. Maurer, Rolf // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;5/1/99, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p126
Presents the views of four magazine publishers regarding the hardest part of the integration process of mergers and acquisitions. Includes the opinion of Michael Levy, publisher of `Texas Monthly'; Don Pazour, president of Miller Freeman Inc.; Gene Burns, publisher of `Maximum PC.'
- Forum: Consolidation and the small publisher. Maurer, Rolf // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;8/1/99, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p100
Presents the views of four smaller independent magazine publishers in the United States concerning the effect of industry consolidation on their businesses and markets. Includes the opinion of James Morel, founder of `Popsmear'; Shirley Halperin, president of Slanted Publications Inc.; Hal...