D.C. Transit Agency Rated Highly for Upcoming Issue
- Munis Weaker, But Demand Stays Strong. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;3/5/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33673, p2
The article reports the tax-exempt market will be getting the refunding bonds worth 1.5 billion dollars of Puerto Rico on the second week of March 2012 after getting 2 billion dollar worth of refunded bonds in California.
- New Deals Return to Market After Lull. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;9/13/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33381, p1
The article reports on the deals of New York City utility financing and Texas education sale greet investors that would create 6.72 billion dollars of bond issues in the U.S. The Ohio State University will sell 741 million dollars of general receipt bonds of bullet maturity and tax-exempt...
- Private-Letter Ruling Sheds Light on Parity Funds. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;10/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31987, p4
Reports on a U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) private-letter ruling which determined that bond proceeds from a parity reserve fund can be used to redeem some of the issues backed by the fund without causing the bond issues that generated those bond proceeds to be considered refunded. Views...
- GFOA Expresses Concern With JTC's Recommendations. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/31/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32060, p4
Focuses on the recommendations of the Joint Tax Committee to the Government Finance Officers Association debt committee chairman, Patrick Born, on the prohibition of advance refunding of tax-excempt governmental bonds in the U.S. Possible changes on the structure of bond issues due to the raise...
- Weird, Wishy-Washy Market Drifts Lower. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;2/9/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33661, p2
The article reports on the weak tax-exempt market for four consecutive trading sessions in the U.S. Based on the Municipal Market Data (MMD) scale, municipal bonds were weaker on February 8, 2012. It says that Wells Fargo & Co. has won the bid for 285.8 million dollars of Florida Board of...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;12/26/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32535, p32
The article presents information about several bills and their current status, proposed in the U.S. during 2005-2006. The Hurricane Katrina Tax Relief Act of 2005 states that only first-time homebuyers are allowed to be benefited by the proceeds from tax-exempt single-family mortgage revenue...
- Indiana's Purdue to Sell $50M of COPs:Tax-Exempt and BABs. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;8/20/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33170, p5
The article reports on the plan of Purdue University to enter the market with about 50 million U.S. dollars of certificates of participation (COP) separated into a tax-exempt tranche in West Lafayette, Indiana. Proceeds from COP will fund a redevelopment of a basketball stadium on the main West...
- Guidance on tax-exempt bonds issued. // Practical Accountant;Jun94, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p21
Reports that final, temporary (TD 8538) and proposed regs (FI-7-94) have been issued on arbitrage restrictions on tax-exempt bonds.
- Freed's approved for BFA bonds. // New Hampshire Business Review;5/24/96, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p34
Reports that the state Business Finance Authority has given final approval for tax-exempt bonds to Freed's Bakery in Manchester, New Hampshire.