Veteran Bond Hunt
- Strong Demand Greets New VA Hybrid Loan Program. // National Mortgage News;10/27/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p19
Announces the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs' guaranteeing of hybrid adjustable-rate mortgages. Strong demand for the loan; Issuance of a proposed rule to incorporate the new loan program into its regulations.
- VA Creates Business Board. Weinstock, Matthew // Government Executive;Dec2002, Vol. 34 Issue 16, p18
Reports on the launch of an oversight board by secretory of the Veterans Affairs Department Anthony Principi to monitor the department's efforts to adopt private sector practices. Members of the board; Primary focus of the board; Purpose of designing procurement reforms announced by Principi.
- Veterans Affairs Freezes Enrollment. Fredberg Jr., Sydney J. // Government Executive;Mar2003, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on the decision of the U.S. Veterans Affairs (VA) Secretary Anthony Principi to suspend enrollment in the VA health program for selected veterans for one year. Implications of the decision; Reason behind the decision to suspend enrollment.
- (VETERANS AFFAIRS) Senate Hears Testimony on Vet Suicide. // Community Health Funding Week;3/5/2010, p28
The article reports that former U.S. Marine Corps rifleman Daniel Hanson has testified before the Senate Committee on Veterans Affairs, that the Department of Veterans Affairs did little to help him deal with the mental trauma he faced after returning from combat in Iraq. The testimony was made...
- FASTER HOME LOANS. // Soldiers;Aug2003, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p33
Reports on the Internet-based system offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) that speeds the home loan process by giving lenders instant authenticity of a veteran's eligibility for the VA affairs. Benefits of the home loans system; Details of the system process; Availability of the...
- A Healthy Choice. Gruber, Amelia // Government Executive;Oct2003, Vol. 35 Issue 15, p12
The U.S. Department of Defense has proposed a rule that would enable veterans covered by two federal health insurance plans more freedom to switch between the plans during periods of treatment. The proposed rule would lift a restriction requiring veterans eligible for care from the U.S. Veterans...
- House Veterans' Affairs Committee. // National Journal;6/21/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p1980
Profiles three U.S. House Veterans' Affairs Committee staffers. Professional background of Patrick Ryan; Position of Arthur K. Wu; Educational background James Holley.
- Senate Veterans' Affairs Committee. // National Journal;6/21/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p2060
Profiles three staff members in the U.S. Senate Veterans' Affairs Committee. William F. Tuerk; Jon Towers; Bryant Hall.
- Veterans' Affairs. Van Sant, Will // National Journal;6/19/99, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p1735
Relates information on the aides of the United States House Veterans' Affairs Committee. Major issues handled; Republicans and Democrats; Subcommittees; Budget; Educational background of Carl D. Commentator, chief counsel and staff director; Achievements of Patrick E. Ryan, deputy chief...