Yields Rise Up to 15 Basis Points; Treasuries Drop on Payroll Data
- Municipal Bonds Finish Unchanged; Treasuries Erase Losses as Stocks Drop. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/7/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31486, p2
Reports developments on the bond market in the U.S. as of October 2002. Recovery of municipal bonds from initial market weakness; Total number of nonfarm payrolls for the month of September; Decline of stocks.
- Munis Unchanged With Firmer Tone. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;10/5/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32728, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond and Treasury bond markets in the U.S. for the week ended October 4, 2007. The municipal market was unchanged with a firmer tone in October 4 and Treasury market showed mild gains. Trades were mostly unchanged, according to the...
- Munis Unchanged With Slightly Weaker Tone. Scarchilli, Michae; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;7/20/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32672, p2
The article reports on the municipal bond market in the United States as of July 19, 2007. The market was unchanged with a slightly weaker tone, as weekly jobless claims came in lower than expected. The trades reported by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board showed mild losses on July 19,...
- Munis Much Weaker After Wednesday's Rebound. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/25/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32802, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond and Treasury markets in the U.S. for the week ended January 23, 2008. At the end of the week, municipal bonds were substantially weaker while the Treasury market showed losses. According to traders, tax-exempt yields increased by 3 to...
- Munis Finish Flat: Weaker Stocks, Oil Prices Key For Fixed Income. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31952, p2
Reports on the trading activity at the bond market in the U.S. as of August 20, 2004. Decline of the index of leading economic indicators; Volatility of the municipal bonds; Decrease of the initial applications for state unemployment benefits.
- Munis Firmer Amid Weaker Jobless Claims. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;10/19/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32737, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond market for the week ending October 18, 2007 in the U.S. Thursday, the municipal market was slightly firmer, following Treasuries, which saw yields dropped as initial jobless claims came in weaker than expected. Trades reported by the...
- Munis Soften as Treasuries Decline On Strong Data, Supply Concerns. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;2/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31815, p2
Assesses municipal bond markets. Performance of the manufacturing and the non-manufacturing indexes; Increase in municipal yields; Rate of unemployment. INSET: MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, February 4.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, June 7. // Bond Buyer;6/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31899, p2
Presents charts on major bond deals and various economic indicators in the U.S. as of June 7, 2004. Consumer credit; Wholesale inventories and sales; Initial jobless claims; Import prices; International trade; Producer price index; Municipal bond index.
- Most Bond Buyer Indexes Down; Terror Concerns Cited. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;8/6/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31942, p36
Reports that "The Bond Buyer" newspaper's weekly municipal bond yield indexes mostly fell due to decreasing supply in the United States. Effect of reports of terrorist threats on municipal bond; Impact of jobless claims on the bond market; Revenue bond index.