Inflation Index Up To 120.4 in Sept
- Economic growth with low inflation to boost housing. // Westchester County Business Journal;10/13/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 41, p23
Cites key research findings on inflation rates even with an expected acceleration in economic growth in the U.S. in 2003. Maintenance of a low level of mortgage interest rates; Near-historic highs in housing levels in 2004; Implications on the American economy.
- Inflation and Prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);Feb2003, p2
Focuses on the trends in inflation and price indexes in the U.S. as of February 2003. Percentage of annual growth of retail and wholesale prices of commodities; Projection for inflation rate; Fluctuations in energy prices.
- Inflation and Prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);Mar2003, p2
Focuses on the inflation rate and price indexes in the U.S. as of March 2003. Growth rate in the consumer price index; Increase in the price of petroleum products; Trends in energy prices.
- Evenly paced economic recovery, less inflation, generates new optimism about stock prices. Nagan, Peter S. // Banking;May76, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p8
Presents news on issues related to investments in the U.S. as of May 1976. Performance of the economy; Behavior of price indexes; Forecasts on the inflation rate.
- Beige Book Suggests Growth, Prices Gain. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;4/21/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32116, p2
Reports on the continued expansion of business activity in the U.S. Increase of median consumer price index; Intensity of price pressure in many districts; Rise of consumer prices before adjustment for inflation.
- Inflation and Prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);Nov2005, p2
The article presents information on the recent developments related to inflation and prices in the U.S. The Consumer Price Index (CPI) surged up 15.7% in September 2005, the largest monthly rise in overall retail prices in more than 25 years. Energy costs, which accounted for over 90% of the...
- Yield Indexes Mixed Following Rally in Treasury, Municipal Markets. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;6/18/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31908, p40
Examines the condition of yield indexes in the U.S. as of June 18, 2004. Occurrence of a rally in the Treasury and bond markets; Fear of a possible inflation; Increase in the consumer price index.
- The effects of rounding on the Consumer Price Index. Williams, Elliot // Monthly Labor Review;Oct2006, Vol. 129 Issue 10, p80
The article explains the effects of rounding the Consumer Price Index (CPI) in the U.S. Calculating percent changes in a price index rounded to three decimal places mitigates a problem that can arise when percent changes are based on the same index rounded to a single decimal place. Because the...
- On the Economy. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;01/28/2002, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p21
Comments on various aspects of the United States' economic performance in 2001. Disinflation; Consumer price index; Producer price index; Retail sales; Trade.