Pros: Calif. May Have Hit Bottom
- Republicans, gay marriage opponents rally to recall Gov. Davis. // Gay & Lesbian Times;2/27/2003, Issue 792, p30
Reports on Republican activists' protest outside the California state Capitol in support of an effort to recall Democratic Governor Gray Davis. Allegations against Davis; Criticisms against Davis' support of protections for gay and lesbian couples.
- Disappointment at the start. Maddox, Ken // Orange County Business Journal;02/15/99, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p71
Elaborates on the disappointing aspects of the first state budget proposed by California Governor Gray Davis. Abandonement of the promise to provide reliable funding sources for local government; Budget cuts for Orange County.
- Recall Puts San Diego Registrar in Scramble Mode. Jones, Rene'e Beasley // San Diego Business Journal;8/4/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p5
Reports on the preparation made by the San Diego Registrar of Voters for the recall election of Governor Gray Davis in California. Total number of poll workers to be employed; Reason behind the use of the punch card system for the voting; Estimated cost of the special election.
- Thanks to the Millions in California Who Listened. Bell, Rick // San Diego Business Journal;8/18/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p38
Recognizes the refusal of individual to recall Governor Gray Davis in California. Formation of public opinion resulting from editorial writings; Allocation of additional budget for the recall election; Background of the gubernatorial candidate.
- Consider resigning, governor. // Bay Area Reporter;6/19/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 25, p6
Comments on the likelihood that state Republicans will gather enough signatures to force a recall of Democratic Governor Gray Davis in California in June 2003. Key issues of contention; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender...
- Governor Davis recall now appears to be likely. Friday, Wayne // Bay Area Reporter;6/19/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 25, p9
Comments on the Republican-led effort to recall Democratic Governor Gray Davis of California in June 2003. Key issues of contention; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on state politics and government.
- Recall Ushers in Summer of Turmoil. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;7/14/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 28, p1
Reports on the signature campaign for the recall of California Governor Gray Davis. Lawsuits challenging the validity of the recall petition signatures and how they were collected; Estimated number of signatures certified by the Orange County's interim registrar of voters; Mechanics of the...
- Recall on, Log Cabin issues endorsements. Laird, Cynthia // Bay Area Reporter;9/25/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 39, p3
Reports on a ruling by a panel of the Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeal in September 2003 that the October 7, 2003 recall election of California Governor Gray Davis should continue. Reversal of an earlier decision by a panel to delay the vote; Log Cabin California's endorsement of Republican...
- Calif. Initiative to Halt Raical-Data Collection Eclipsed
by the Recall. Sack, Joetta L.; Jacobson, Linda // Education Week;9/3/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p27
California voters will not only have the chance to choose a new governor next month, but will also be faced with a decision on data collection by race. Overshadowed by the nationally watched election on recalling Governor Gray Davis and choosing his prospective successor, a voter initiative also...
- BLUE GRAY. Neumayr, George // American Spectator;Aug/Sep2003, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p22
Focuses on the recall of California Governor Gray Davis. Economic conditions of California; Background on California's recall law; Rivals of Davis in the election.