Qualified Public-Private School Program Seen as Underutilized
- Private Sector Offers Options for New Schools, Conference Suggests. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/25/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30754, p1
Reveals on the applicability of public-private partnership cost containment techniques in the building of infrastructure projects in New York State to meet the growing demand for additional schools. Exploration of supporting private-public school partnerships with taxable debt and traditional...
- Galliford and Bilfinger win ï¿½45m PFI contract. // Public Private Finance;Mar2004, Issue 81, p8
Reports on the appointment of a consortium of Galliford Try and Bilfinger Berger as preferred bidder for Caludon Castle School and Community College private finance initiative (PFI) project in Coventry, England. Components of PFI project; Total value of the construction contract; Target market...
- A model of partnership? Hellowell, Mark // Public Private Finance;Apr2004, Issue 82, p9
Focuses on the Building Schools for the Future (BSF) program of the British government. Structure of the program; Formal launch of the vehicle that will oversee the program and draft details of how the Local Education Partnerships will work; Joint ventures between a local authority responsible...
- AUSTRALIA'S FIRST PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP SCHOOL PROJECT. // PEB Exchange;Jun2004, Issue 52, p23
Focuses on the design and construction of several schools in Australia using a Public Private Partnerships (PPP) methodology. Advantages of entering into a PPP arrangement; Capital cost of the schools; Difficulties during the tender phase of the contract.
- Building Schools pathfinders show significant progress. // Public Private Finance;Mar2005, Issue 91, p11
Reports on progress made by a number of Building Schools for the Future pathfinder schemes in Great Britain in March 2005. Shortlist announced by Bradford; Success of open days held by Sheffield and Greenwich; Government's approval of the councils' outline business case at the beginning of 2005.
- Skanska's Â£70m schools win. // Contract Journal;9/14/2005, Vol. 430 Issue 6542, p13
Reports on a construction contract for public-private partnership schools awarded to Skanska by Midlothian Council in Scotland. Value of the contract; Expected completion date of the project; Schools included in the contract.
- German schools deal could mark PPP take-off. // Public Private Finance;Nov2004, Issue 88, p7
Reports on construction company, Hochtief's signing of the a private finance initiative (PFI) schools contract in Germany. Modernization and refurbishment of schools in Offenbach, near Frankfurt; Total amount of the contract; PFI process in Germany.
- PPPs will cover design, improvements and maintenance of public schools. C. M. // Caribbean Business;11/19/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 46, p18
The article reports that the public-private partnerships (PPPs) under the administration of Puerto Rico Governor Luis G. FortuÃ±o aim to upgrade public schools by granting design-build-maintenance contracts. It says that the administration is expected to issue request for qualifications (RFS)...
- Puerto Rico's School-Building Spree. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;6/21/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33336, p1
The article reports on the plan to embark on school construction program that will have a public-private partnership (P3) approach using 750 million dollars worth of taxable qualified school construction bonds (QSCBs) in Puerto Rico. David Alvarez, executive director of the country's P3...