Democrats Urge Reform of N.Y. Public Agencies
- On the audit trail. Harris, Joanne // Lawyer;12/19/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p11
The article examines a proposed Company Law Reform Bill that includes a proposal that auditors who knowingly include misleading, false or deceptive information in an audit report should face criminal sanctions in Great Britain. The bill likewise includes a proposal to limit auditors' liability...
- Financial statement fraud. Kerwin, Richard J. // Secured Lender;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p36
Discusses the techniques for detecting fraud in financial statements. Improper revenue recognition; Revenue recognition in improper periods; Treatment of certain transactions as sales; Inadequate disclosure of related party transactions; Incorrec t asset valuation.
- Accountants May Need an Ethics Refresher. Hood, Daniel // Accountingtoday.com;12/23/2015, p3
The article focuses on a survey of accountants which revealed their belief that their peers have helped create misleading accounts or have been acting unethically.
- China's Pharma Scandal, Enron-Style. Gopal, Kevin // Pharmaceutical Executive;Mar2002, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p26
Reports the falsification of Guangxia earnings statements in China. Response of the courts on the civil complaints against the company; Documentation of inappropriate information and stock proceeds.
- Accountant's claim of the month. // Pennsylvania CPA Journal;Summer99, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p5
Reports the claim of a manufacturing company against an accounting firm for inaccuracy of preparations of financial statements in Pennsylvania. Failure of the firm to include Year 2000 (Y2K) preparations in the financial statement; Recommendation of solutions to the problem; Effects of the Y2k...
- Portfolio Deals And the Fights That Follow. Schmelkin, Alissa // American Banker;6/28/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 124, p1
Reports on the problems created by loan portfolio deals to buyers despite standard protection against misrepresentation. Agreement on the lawsuit of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. against Bay View Capital Corp.; Lawsuit of Chase Manhattan Corp. and Fleet Boston Financial Corp. against Advanta Corp.;...
- Editor's letter. Quick, Chris // Accountancy;Jan2003, Vol. 131 Issue 1313, p1
Over the last 12 months people have rarely mentioned the accountancy profession without referring to Enron Corp., WorldCom Inc., Andersen Corp.'s collapse or some other scandalous event in the same breath. And it is true that 2002 has been the most scandalous and tumultuous year in the...
- Poll: CEOs should pay for this mess. B. Arndorfer, James // Crain's Chicago Business;7/22/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p4
Focuses on the need to impose criminal penalties on corporate officers who prosper by reporting false financial statements in Chicago, Illinois. Reference to the findings of an online survey by 'Crain's' periodical; Resentment of the public to corporate scandals; Impact of scandals on employment.
- Argentina: Another Data Blunder. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/1/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 25, p15
The article reports on the misleading information about inflation rate in Argentina. Report says the debacle over misleading inflation reporting in Argentina has reached new levels of severity. Cabinet Chief Alberto Fernï¿½ndez claimed that there was no general inflation in Argentina, only...