Gao Tells Dingell He Won't Get Bank - Tying Report Until Friday
- GAO reports eight deals under 1993 bond program. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;07/14/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30434, p4
Presents the highlights of the United States General Accounting Office's review of the Empowerment Zone bond program. Evaluation of the use of empowerment zone and enterprise community tax incentives; Bond deals reported since 1995; Criticisms concerning the requirements of the program.
- GAO report suggests SLGS issuance will be curbed. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;10/06/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30741, p6
Reports on the curbing of state and local government series securities in the United States. Expected reductions of public debt; Contents of a related report from the US General Accounting Office.
- Evaluating Prices of Bids with Options. // Army Lawyer;Jan/Feb2002, Issue 349, p17
Focuses on the requirements of General Accounting Office (GAO) on price of bonds with options in the U.S. Evaluation of bid prices by addition of the option total price to price of basic requirement; Concern of GAO on construction contract options; Requirement for price evaluation from the...
- IRS Not Tracking Liberty Bonds, GAO Report Says. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;10/8/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31736, p4
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service not to collect information on the use and cost of Liberty Bonds and advance refunding bonds issued. Announcement of the decision by the U.S. General Accounting Office; Use of the bonds to finance the recovery of New York City from the...
- House panel OKs GAO study bill. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30625, p4
Reports on the United States House Commerce Committee's approval of a US General Accounting Office study bill. Provisions of the Bond Price Competition Improvement Act of 1999.
- GAO Study: Close Student Debt Loophole. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/28/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31978, p4
Reports on the recommendation of the U.S. Government Accountability Office for Congress to address the loophole that allow lenders to take advantage of interest rates in student loans in the U.S. Factor that prompted Congress to allow the 9.5 percent guaranteed return for student loans; Tendency...
- BID BOND IS ACCEPTABLE WHERE PROPER 'ON ITS FACE.'. // Construction Claims Monthly;2012, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p23
The article discusses the U.S. Comptroller General's decision in the Matter of Shaka, Inc. case, affirming that a bid bond, if proper on its face, is acceptable. The case involved a bidder contesting its bid rejection by the government party on grounds that the bidder's bond was put up by its...
- GAO recommends postponing MLS purchases... Klass, P.J. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/13/88, Vol. 128 Issue 24, p23
The General Accounting Office has recommended that the FAA not buy any more microwave landing systems than the 178 ordered, unless their operational and economic benefits are adequately demonstrated. The FAA plans extensive MLS tests in response to growing airline opposition to the expense of...
- GAO addresses budgetary implications. // CPA Journal;Feb95, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p8
Discusses the findings of the US General Accounting Office in a report entitled `Addressing the Budget-Deficit Implications of Selected GAO Work'. Areas where Congress should focus on objectives of programs; Reconsidering whether to terminate or revise services and programs provided;...