- 'American Dream' Assistance Bill Sails Through House. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31732, p5
Reports on the passage of the American Dream Downpayment Act in the U.S. Provision of federal down-payment and closing assistance for eligible low-income family purchasing a home; Expansion of the supply of affordable housing; Offering of grants to states and local governments.
- N.Y. Treasurer Requests More Federal Aid for City and State. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/20/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31269, p1
Reports that New York treasurer George Gasser has urged his fellow state treasurers to secure more emergency federal aid to help the state and the city recover from the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Share of New York in the multi-billion dollar emergency nationwide anti-terrorism and...
- AREAS DESIGNATED AS ELIGIBLE FOR AID. // Congressional Digest;Apr61, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p100
Lists several depressed areas in the U.S. designated as eligible for federal aid. Level of unemployment; Areas in need of substantial and persistent labor surplus; Classification of smaller and major areas eligible for aid.
- Is The Kennedy Program of Aid For Depressed Areas Sound? CON. Robertson, A. Willis // Congressional Digest;Apr61, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p109
Presents the views of the U.S. Senator A. Willis Robertson against the proposed federal aid program to revive economically depressed areas. Prospects leading to federal control over all industrial location or relocation in every area; Ineffectiveness of the bill and insufficiency of the funds...
- South Korea watches a conglomerate fold. Baker, Michael // Christian Science Monitor;2/7/96, Vol. 88 Issue 50, p8
Focuses on the growth of South Korea, by protection and government assistance for the family-owned conglomerate known as chaebols. What the chaebols can expect; Collapse of Korea's 18th largest construction company.
- Strategic fund strategy gets a new approach. Servaas, Lois // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/17/95, Vol. 13 Issue 29, p3
Reports on the planned creation of the Michigan Renaissance Fund (MFR) to focus on economic-development assistance to communities. MFR as successor of the Michigan Strategic Fund (MSF) which expired in 1994; Main functions of the fund; Estimated budget for the fund.
- Foreword. // Creditor Reporting System on Aid Activities -- Systeme de notifi;Sep2004, Vol. 2004 Issue 5, p3
Introduces a report that presents individual activities relating to Official Development Assistance and Official Aid to Central and Eastern European countries and the New Independent States of the Former Soviet Union in 2002.
- Travel industry seeks government aid to recover from terrorist attacks. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;10/4/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p14
Reports the request of travel-industry for government assistance following terrorist attacks in Puerto Rico. Appeal of Governor Sila Calderon to hasten economic recovery; Offer of San Juan Mayor Jorge Santini for tourism-related businesses to the people; Assistance provided to citizens in need...
- Does government belong to the telecom business? Brown, Stephen N. // Lightwave;Mar2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p21
Focuses on the government assistance provided to telecommunication companies in the U.S. Percentage of market share in local services; Funding for competitive local-exchange carriers; Decline in large local-market share.
- MAIN PROGRAMS OF THE "WAR ON POVERTY". // Congressional Digest;Jan1968, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p2
Highlights the main programs of the Johnson Administration's 'War on Poverty,' authorized by the Economic Opportunity Act of 1964. Special programs funded through the Community Action Program; Volunteers in Service to America; Bureau of Work Programs.