University of California Regents Issuing $380 Million Under New Indenture
- Stellar past, uncertain future. Evelyn, Jamilah // Black Issues in Higher Education;11/27/97, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p30
Focuses on the University of California-Berkeley, a university in California committed to and achieving campus diversity. Circumstances surrounding why campus has been focus of much discussion; Question pertaining to African American and Hispanic students; How university responds to question;...
- What do economists know? Schelling, Thomas C. // American Economist;Spring95, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p20
Presents the author's commencement speech to the Department of Economics at the University of California in Berkeley concerning the five important things in economics. Author's conversation with economist Peter Bauer; Five accounting identities.
- Graduate students make history. Selvin, P. // Progressive;Oct89, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p19
Reports on the unprecedented success of graduate students at the University of California-Berkeley in their efforts to form a union. Role of students as employees; Obstacles faced and resolved.
- 'Uncomplicated lacerations do not need suturing'. // GP: General Practitioner;8/12/2002, p2
Focuses on the research conducted by James Quinn, associated clinical professor at the University of California in Berkeley, California revealing that uncomplicated laceration of hands of less than two centimeters do not need suturing. Sample size of the study; Experiment on patients with...
- The Architectural Visual Resources Library of the Department of Architecture. // Confraternitas;Spring2011, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p44
The article offers information on the University of California, Berkeley, California's introduction of a new database which provides access to 1,000 images of 139 buildings and building sites dedicated to the acts of charity and public assistance in Venice, Italy.
- The so-called "Unabomber" MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;7/3/95, Vol. 87 Issue 152, p2
Informs about the documents given to a professor at the University of California, Berkeley, by the so-called `Unabomber' in order to get it published. Contents of the documents.
- Californians wary of plan for profits. Mestel, Rosie // New Scientist;3/6/93, Vol. 137 Issue 1863, p10
Reports on a plan at the University of California to speed up the process of turning academic discoveries into products and profits. What the plan is intended to do; Estimated amount of money by the year 2001; Criticism of the plan by researchers and administrators.
- Golden bear. Stone, Christian // Sports Illustrated;9/23/96, Vol. 85 Issue 13, p78
Notes the potential success of University of California's quarterback Pat Barnes and tailback Tarik Smith. How well Barnes has responded to Bears coach Steve Mariucci.
- The class that deserves cutting. Leo, J. // U.S. News & World Report;5/29/89, Vol. 106 Issue 21, p58
Opinion. Report that the University of California at Berkeley, the first US campus where minorities are a majority, has a new American cultures requirement on the evils of racism. Argues that the course is more an expression of racial division than a cure for it.