Munis Muted After Friday's Excitement
- Municipals Lag Treasury Gains; New Issues Total Over $12 Billion. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/10/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31489, p2
Reports the municipal bond rate as of October 9, 2002 in the U.S. Debt sales of the new-issue market; Weakness of short-term labor market; Optimism over long-term market recovery.
- Yields Rise Two to Three Basis Points; Illinois Sells $362 Million of New Debt. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31747, p2
Reports on the increase of the municipal bonds in the U.S. as of October 24, 2003. Improvement of labor market; Lack of bonds in the secondary market; Release of new-issue pricing.
- Benign jobs data calms market. Sherman, Lynn; Kruger, Daniel; Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;05/11/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30390, p1
Reports on the performance of the United States municipal bond market during the May 8, 1998 trading session. Market players' anticipation of the April 1998 employment report; Impact of news about the country's unemployment level on the Treasury market; Strong performance of municipal bond...
- Muni Yields Rise 1-2 Basis Points Amid Modest Slate of New Issues. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31723, p2
Reports on the increase of municipal bonds in the U.S. Outcome of the economic survey conducted by the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia; Comparison of economic indicators for the month of August and September 2003; Effect of the decline of jobless claims on the labor market.
- Municipal Prices Gain 1/4 to 3/8 Point; FBE, Calif. State University Deals Sell. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;4/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31364, p2
Reports on the increase of in municipal bonds as Treasury bonds gained on stock losses and signs of weakness in the U.S. labor market. Percentage increase in import price index; Improvements in prices for light supply; Rates of serial bonds.
- Munis Rise, Lifted by Treasuries; Employment Report Spurs Rally. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31837, p2
Reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States as of March 9, 2004. Employment report in February; Weaker-than-expected labor market data.
- Following Treasuries, Munis Rise for Third Straight Day; N.Y. Deals Price. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31838, p2
Reports on the escalation of the municipal bond prices in the U.S. Percentage of the Treasury yield; Purchase of insured revenue bonds among capitalists; Improvement in the labor market.
- Jobs Report, Fed Rate Hike Concern Drive Down Municipals, Treasuries. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/10/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31880, p2
Reports that municipal bonds followed Treasuries lower after the U.S. employment report beat forecasts for the second straight month and supported expectations that the Federal Reserve might raise its federal funds overnight lending rate as soon as June. Jobs added out of the farm sector in...
- Municipal Prices Finish Unchanged. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;7/8/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31422, p2
Reports developments on the bond market in the U.S. as of July 2002. Price of municipal bonds; Increase in equities; Growth of nonfarm payrolls.