A Case For "Deerkeys"
- Colorful Spring Combo. // Bowhunter;Feb/Mar2001, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p54
Describes the experiences of a bowhunter in hunting spotted axis deer and turkeys in the central region of Texas in the spring.
- EASILY DISTRACTED. Bestul, Scott // Outdoor Life;Oct2003, Vol. 210 Issue 8, p84
Presents issues and topics related to hunting in the U.S. Southern counties where private landowners register the most crop damage complaints due to turkey hunting; Information on the annual Camp Riley archery hunt in Minnesota; Counties which were recognized for producing big deer.
- LET TURKEYS MAKE YOU A BETTER HUNTER. Winkelman, Babe // Dakota Country;Sep2010, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p114
The article looks at turkey hunting, focusing on how the skills used to efficiently hunt turkeys using a bow and arrow can be applied to hunting other animals. The author considers the importance of judging the distance of a turkey when stalking them. Similarities between deer hunting and turkey...
- The Flocks of Autumn. Peterson, Troy // Bowhunter;2005 Whitetail Special, p146
Focuses on the significance of turkeys in deer hunting during autumn.
- Wild card. Sullivan, Mark T. // Outdoor Life;Mar97, Vol. 199 Issue 3, p50
Describes hunting techniques for elks, turkeys and gobblers. Elk hunting using turkey-style; Similarity between elk hunting and turkey hunting; Use of Woods Wise Calls; Techniques of calling.
- Pattern your spring gobbler. Smith, Elliott // Bowhunter;Apr/May99, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p67
Explains the author's style of locating and following trails of turkeys for bowhunting purposes. Setting up a blind; Effectiveness of patterning spring turkeys; Scouting methods; Emphasis on avoiding to frighten the birds.
- Longbow Tom. Lafita, Mark // Bowhunter;Apr/May2000, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p56
Relates a bowhunter's experiences in longbow hunting turkeys in Hawaii.
- Tips for Tough Turkeys. Lapinski, Mike // Bowhunter;Apr/May2000, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p62
Discusses techniques on bowhunting for turkeys.
- THE GOBBLER GURU OF GREGORY. Fortenbaugh, Brian // Bowhunter;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p44
The article focuses on the author's experience of bowhunting turkeys. INSET: Equipment Notes: Turkey Blinds.