- AROUND SLOVAKIA. // Slovak Spectator;01/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p9
Presents news briefs in Slovakia as of January 2001. Support of the Slovak Communist Party for Cuba's decision to arrest Czech citizens Ivan Pilip and Jan Bubenik on charges of aiding island dissidents; Total fine paid by Kamil Contofalsky, a Slovak goalie for Czech club Bohemians Prague for...
- Brickbats. Oliver, Charles // Reason;Aug/Sep2016, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p9
The article focuses on issues based on law and lawsuits including fines imposed on Harvey Saunders for having dashboard camera on his vehicle; Tennessee police refusal to state the number of students arrested at an elementary school; and injuries to children taken by child protection agency.
- Duo convicted of illegal deer breeding. // Wilson County News;11/19/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 47, p4C
The article reports that Frank Thomas Shumate Jr. and Kalub Rogers Shumate of Texas were each assessed 14,127.50 dollars in fines and agreed to surrender the ability to apply for a deer breeder permit or a hunting lease license for life.
- Poaching Fines. HAUGHEY, JOHN // Outdoor Life;2011 Supplement, p18
The article lists the top 10 poaching fines, including a 120,000 dollars fine and a ranch-hunting ban, 100,000 dollars fine and a year in prison, and 100,000 dollars fine and suspension of hunting privileges.
- Practice fined for health and safety breach. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;11/1/2014, Vol. 175 Issue 17, p418
The article reports that Davies Veterinary Specialists has been ordered to pay 50, 878 pounds and was fined of 35,000 in costs after admitting of breaching the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Fine levied for illegal hunting. // Raven's Eye;Sep2002, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p3
Reports that a James Andrew, a Squamish First Nation member was levied fine for illegal hunting. Amount of the fine; Act under which Andrew was fined; Reasons given by Andrew.
- SASKATCHEWAN. Delorme, Leon // Western Sportsman;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p47
The article discusses the fine of 20,300 U.S. dollars imposed on Leon Delorme of Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada for a conviction on illegal hunting, outfitting and falsifying export licenses as the The Outfitter and Guide Regulations and The Wildlife Act.
- Ontario Animal-Welfare Bill. // Ontario Out of Doors;Jul2008, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p14
The article focuses on the issues of the Bill 50 which increases fines to $60,000 or two years in jail for causing animal distress in Ontario. It states that the bill is less clear on angling and hunting although there are exceptions for veterinarians and accepted practices of agricultural...
- GETTING SWAMPED BY 'GATORS. Shrake, Edwin // Sports Illustrated;1/20/1975, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p26
The article focuses on the dilemma faced by the states of Louisiana and Florida regarding the federal Endangered Species Act, which forbids hunting of alligators and other harmful animals. Dick Yancey, Louisiana Wild Life and Fisheries assistant director, said that due to the overpopulation of...