A PATCH OF SIX MILLION ACRES
- A Worthy Adversary. Towsley, Bryce // Mossy Oak's Hunting the Country;Dec2002, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p48
Reflects on a deer hunting adventure at a family deer camp in Vermont. Description on the deer tracked; Challenge of the hunting quest; Lessons learned from the hunting adventure.
- Camp idiot. Robb, Bob // Field & Stream;Sep99, Vol. 104 Issue 5, p71
Provides strategies for hunting camps survival. Consideration of factors when hunting with companions; Importance of hunting vehicles in deer hunting; Implementation of gun safety precautions; Design of deer camps for tree-standing hunting; Importance of hunting guides on deer hunting in camps.
- Ah, Deer Camp. Sharp, Eric // Outdoor Life;Nov2002, Vol. 209 Issue 8, p15
Reports on the deer camps for hunters in Michigan. Traditions during opening days in the Upper Peninsula; History of deer hunting in Michigan.
- ONE-ON-ONE BLACKTAILS. HAUGEN, SCOTT // Outdoor Life;Oct2014, Vol. 221 Issue 9, p43
The author ponders the memories of the deer camps in Oregon woods where his family used to gather on opening day and beat for reclusive Columbia blacktail bucks.
- Home Sweet Deer Camp. Steiner, Linda L. // Field & Stream;Jan2002, Vol. 106 Issue 9, p77
Focuses on the significance of using the home as a deer camps. Allocation of time for spouse and kids; Comfortability of sleeping in the home; Invitation of neighboring hunting buddies.
- Let It Rain. Vaznis, Bill // Field & Stream;Aug2011, Vol. 116 Issue 4, pB10
The article offers tips on deer hunting while raining.
- Wild Cards. // Field & Stream;Nov2000, Vol. 105 Issue 7, p59
Details the procedure for playing the poker game, called Revenge in deer camps in the United States.
- Merry Hunting! Hurteau, Dave // Field & Stream;Nov2000, Vol. 105 Issue 7, p60
Focuses on the welcoming committee of a deer camp.
- Birth of a Camp. Licata, Anthony // Field & Stream;Nov2000, Vol. 105 Issue 7, p61
Chronicles the history of various deer camps in the United States.