M&A Activity in Religion Book Market Escalates
- Nelson Adds More Bibles. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/6/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 40, p12
Reports on the acquisition of certain assets by Thomas Nelson from the World Bible Publishers in September 2003. Number of titles acquired by the company from World Bible; Changes planned by Thomas Nelson for the operation of World Bible Publishers.
- Ave Maria Acquires Forest of Peace, RCL Enterprises Imprints. // Book Publishing Report;Sep2003, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p6
Reports that Catholic book publisher Ave Maria Press has revealed that it is in the process of purchasing Forest of Peace Publishing along with Thomas More and Christian Classics imprint of RCL Enterprise in the United States. Significance of the strategic acquisition for both companies;...
- Ave Maria buys Forest of Peace. // National Catholic Reporter;9/26/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 41, p11
Reports on the acquisition of Forest of Peace Publishing and Thomas More and Christian Classics imprints of RCL Enterprises by Ave Maria Press in Indiana.
- Nelson Adds More Bibles. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/13/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 41, p12
Reports on the acquisition of World Bible Publishers by Thomas Nelson in the U.S. Estimated number of Bibles purchased by Nelson; Appointment of Terry Draughon as publisher of the acquired World Bible.
- Nelson Acquires Rutledge Hill. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/10/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 2, p9
Deals with the acquisition of Rutledge Hill Press by Thomas Nelson company. Terms and value of the deal; Popular book titles published by Rutledge Hill Press.
- There's No Doubting Thomas. Nelson, Sara // Publishers Weekly;2/27/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 9, p5
This article reports on issues surrounding the privatization of Thomas Nelson, a religious publisher in Nashville, Tennessee, as of February 2006. Instead of simply switching from one publicly traded conglomerate to another, Nelson will now become an investment of InterMedia Partners, a private...
- C.R. Gibson Acquires Artworks. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Dec2000, Vol. 101 Issue 12, p330
Reports that Thomas Nelson Inc. signed an agreement to acquire Artworks, a journal, address book and stationery producer in the United States. Information on the agreement; Operation of the company; Relocation of the shipping operations.
- Nelson Revenue Up 6.5% As Title Output Plunges. // Book Publishing Report;Mar2007, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p1
The article reports that Christian publisher has expected to increase revenues about 6.5% in fiscal 2007 during a busy fiscal year in which Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc. has bought one press, sold another and took the whole company into private in the U.S. In September 2006, Nelson has acquired...
- Thomas Nelson Adds $16 Million Trade Publisher to Company. // Book Publishing Report;9/25/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 37, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of Integrity Publishers by religious publisher Thomas Nelson Inc. in Nashville, Tennessee. Integrity Publishers was a former subsidiary of Integrity Media, a trade book located in Alabama. The acquisition of the book trader by a publishing company has...