Random House Leads Nonfiction Paperback Sales
- The 9/11 Commission Report Still Leads Paperback Nonfiction List. // Book Publishing Report;9/20/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p7
Reports on the "New York Times" paperback nonfiction ranking in the U.S. Number one rank of "The 9/11 Commission Reports"; Total number of copies sold; Number of books included in the list that are published by Randon House company.
- Random House Congratulates Itself On Year Of Growth And Accolades. // Book Publishing Report;12/25/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p6
Reports the sales growth in the major publishing categories of Random House in first fiscal year of 2001. Records sales and profits for fiscal 2000; Inclusion of 162 titles on the New York Times bestseller list; Operational challenges encountered by the company.
- Random House restructures sales force into three groups. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/29/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 13, p10
Reports that bookseller Random House Inc. is restructuring its sales force into three separate groups. Overview on the conditions under the reorganization plans of the bookseller; Estimated number of employees comprising Random's sales force following its reorganization; New executive...
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE PUBLISHERS Paperback Nonfiction. // Book Publishing Report;8/25/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p7
Presents a chart depicting the ranking of bestseller scorecard of the publishers for nonfiction paperback as of August 2003. Number of book titles published by Random House Inc.: Rank of Simon & Schuster Inc. in the list; Total number of weeks for including the books published by Penguin Group USA.
- Random House Edges Penguin Group For Nonfiction Lead. // Book Publishing Report;3/29/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the competition between various book publishers in the United States. Random House and Penguin Group are neck-and-neck in the "New York Times" nonfiction hardcover category. New York-based Simon & Schuster Inc. is the dark horse placing seven titles on the list for 25...
- Newsmakers Hit Titles On 2005 NYF Hardcover Nonfiction List. // Book Publishing Report;1/16/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p4
The article reports that books by media personalities and sensational news stories dominate the 2005 hardcover nonfiction list in the U.S. The three books of HarperCollins Publishers Inc. that made it to the top in the list include the three books on the Laci Peterson murder case, "Juiced," by...
- RH, Penguin Group in Tight Race in Hardcover Nonfiction. // Book Publishing Report;9/18/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 36, p7
The article offers information on the top 15 hardcover nonfiction books for the week ending September 17, 2006. The Random House Inc. has two titles in the top ten that includes "Feel Bad About My Neck," by Nora Ephron on the number one slot and "The Looming Tower," by Lawrence Wright, on the...
- RH Has Strong Finish. // Publishers Weekly;1/19/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 3, p11
Reports on the strong sales performance of publishing company Random House (RH) during the 2003 Christmas holiday season. Contribution of the point-of-sale information at RH major accounts to the sales; Improvements in the market share of RH.
- The book on Bertelsmann. Perman, Stacy; Sachs, Andrea; Salz-Trautman, Peggy // Time;4/6/1998, Vol. 151 Issue 13, p54
Discusses the acquisition of Random House by German media company Bertelsmann AG, making Bertelsmann the leader in United States publishing. Comments from company officials, including Thomas Middelhoff, who engineered the deal just six months before officially stepping into the chief executive...