RICHARD C. WESLEY: VOTING AND OPINION PATTERNS ON THE NEW YORK COURT
- Phillips Lytle's Powers honors Appeals judge. // Buffalo Law Journal;4/28/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 34, p4
Reports on the recognition given to New York State Court of Appeals Judge Matthew Jasen by the New York Court of Appeals and other local judges and dignitaries for his distinguished career on the bench. Judicial career of Jasen; Educational background; Achievements.
- Former Solicitor General Candidate for Highest State Court Judge. DUTT, ELA // News India Times;9/19/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 38, p7
The article reports on the inclusion of former New York State Solicitor General Preeta Bansal on the short list for judge of New York Court of Appeals released by the Commission on Judicial Nomination (CJN) on September 3, 2014.
- FOREWORD. Kaye, Judith S. // Touro Law Review;2015, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p357
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses the theme of the issue which deals with problem-solving courts in New York, justice, and the role of the Chief Judge of the New York Court of Appeals.
- FOREWORD. Wachtler, Sol // Touro Law Review;2015, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p355
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses the theme of the issue which deals with the responsibilities of the Chief Judge of the New York Court of Appeals, problem-solving courts across the U.S., and the efforts to address problems such as drug addiction and homelessness.
- New York's high court splits on projects pacts. Krizan, William G. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;4/08/96, Vol. 236 Issue 14, p15
Presents information on a ruling by New York's State's highest court concerning the state's competitive bidding laws. How the pacts must be assessed; What was issued by the court; What the court distanced itself from; Comments from the New York Court of Appeals; Other information on the New...
- Appeals court rejects North Salem's appeal of zoning decision. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;10/2/95, Vol. 34 Issue 40, p9
Reports that the New York State Court of Appeals has rejected a request by North Salem to appeal a 1993 State Supreme Court ruling that the town unconstitutionally zoned the property six years earlier in order to exclude affordable housing. Compensation paid; 1975 Berenson decision.
- Boards may bar recruiters, N.Y. court rules. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;5/11/94, Vol. 13 Issue 33, p8
Reports on a ruling By the New York Court of Appeals on a Rochester school board resolution barring military recruiters. Facts and issues of the case.
- SHAPING STATE COURTS FOR THE NEW CENTURY: WHAT CHIEF JUDGES CAN DO. Kaye, Judith S. // Maine Law Review;2009, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p356
The article focuses on what the Chief Judge of the Court of Appeals and of the State of New York can do to shape state courts for the future. It discusses the adjudicative and administrative role of Chief Judge in the Court of Appeals. It also discusses the role of the Chief Judge of the State...
- State judiciary again seeks increase for judges' salary. // Buffalo Law Journal;12/8/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 98, p35
The article reports that the State of New York Court of Appeals seeks to increase the salary of state judges as of December 2005. It includes information on the proposed judiciary budget submitted by Judith Kaye, chief judge at the State of New York Court of Appeals. It identifies the outcome of...