RICHARD C. WESLEY: VOTING AND OPINION PATTERNS ON THE NEW YORK COURT
- Phillips Lytle's Powers honors Appeals judge. // Buffalo Law Journal;4/28/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 34, p4
Reports on the recognition given to New York State Court of Appeals Judge Matthew Jasen by the New York Court of Appeals and other local judges and dignitaries for his distinguished career on the bench. Judicial career of Jasen; Educational background; Achievements.
- FOREWORD. Wachtler, Sol // Touro Law Review;2015, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p355
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses the theme of the issue which deals with the responsibilities of the Chief Judge of the New York Court of Appeals, problem-solving courts across the U.S., and the efforts to address problems such as drug addiction and homelessness.
- Former Solicitor General Candidate for Highest State Court Judge. DUTT, ELA // News India Times;9/19/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 38, p7
The article reports on the inclusion of former New York State Solicitor General Preeta Bansal on the short list for judge of New York Court of Appeals released by the Commission on Judicial Nomination (CJN) on September 3, 2014.
- FOREWORD. Kaye, Judith S. // Touro Law Review;2015, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p357
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses the theme of the issue which deals with problem-solving courts in New York, justice, and the role of the Chief Judge of the New York Court of Appeals.
- New York's high court splits on projects pacts. Krizan, William G. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;4/08/96, Vol. 236 Issue 14, p15
Presents information on a ruling by New York's State's highest court concerning the state's competitive bidding laws. How the pacts must be assessed; What was issued by the court; What the court distanced itself from; Comments from the New York Court of Appeals; Other information on the New...
- Appeals court rejects North Salem's appeal of zoning decision. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;10/2/95, Vol. 34 Issue 40, p9
Reports that the New York State Court of Appeals has rejected a request by North Salem to appeal a 1993 State Supreme Court ruling that the town unconstitutionally zoned the property six years earlier in order to exclude affordable housing. Compensation paid; 1975 Berenson decision.
- Boards may bar recruiters, N.Y. court rules. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;5/11/94, Vol. 13 Issue 33, p8
Reports on a ruling By the New York Court of Appeals on a Rochester school board resolution barring military recruiters. Facts and issues of the case.
- INAUGURAL HON. JOSEPH W. BELLACOSA DISTINGUISHED JURIST-IN-RESIDENCE. Kaye, Judith S. // St. John's Law Review;Fall2007, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p743
The article offers information about Judge Joseph W. Bellacosa, who was a scholar, profound thinker, researcher and a writer in any language. He was a chief administrative judge of the State of New York, judge of the Court of Appeals, dean of St. John's University School of Law, and a...
- 'Infuriated' Kaye speaks out on judicial salaries. Deck-Miller, Annie // Buffalo Law Journal;4/12/2007, Vol. 79 Issue 30, p1
The article reports that New York Chief Judge Judith Kaye held a press conference to voice her concern regarding the issue over judicial pay in the state. The chief judge called the situation distressing and infuriating and said that she will continue to press the issue. According to the state's...