TEACHING GOVERNMENT LAW & POLICY IN LAW SCHOOL: REFLECTIONS ON TWENTY-FIVE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- Other schools to consider. // U.S. News & World Report;4/11/2005, Vol. 138 Issue 13, p74
Ranks other graduate schools including: Albany Law School-Union University, Cleveland State University, Creighton University, and DuPaul University.
- NEWS IN BRIEF: New host for weekend LPC. // Marketing Week;5/21/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p9
The article reports that Bristol Institute of Legal Practice (BILP) has named University of Westminster School of Law as the latest institution to host its new nationwide part-time Legal Practice Course (LPC) in Great Britain. BILP, which is part of the University of the West of England, is...
- Segmented Rankings For Segmented Markets. Gely, Rafael // Indiana Law Journal;Winter2006, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p293
This article proposes a segmented rankings system for law schools. The author argues that the underlying problem with the existing ranking system is the assumption that law schools compete in a single, unified market. Three other articles that offer new and important insights about rankings and...
- Is Real Life Finally Happening? Pickard, Toni // Canadian Journal of Women & the Law;1987-1988, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p432
This comment is the text of Toni Pickard's orientation address to students entering law studies at Queen's Faculty of Law. The author argues that attending law school is as much a part of real life as living in city ghettos. Real life is always happening -- "anytime and anywhere that life is...
- Education Law Course Offerings in Law Schools. Zirkel, Perry A.; Vance, Sheilah D. // Journal of Law & Education;Jul2004, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p327
Presents information on a study which examined the teaching of education law courses in law schools. Recommendations for teaching education law to school leaders; Courses that are offered in a law school; Methodology; Results and discussion.
- The Submerged Moderates. Muse, Benjamin // New Republic;5/28/56, Vol. 134 Issue 22, p14
This article reports that Howard University Law School, Washington, D.C. has had more than a little association with this crisis, it trained most of the lawyers who have fought, and are fighting, the battles of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Public statements are...
- NIGHT SHIFT. Conrad Jr., James W. // New Republic;5/21/84, Vol. 190 Issue 21, p14
Comments on the strategy of the George Washington University Law Center in Washington D.C. to gain status and reputation in the United States. Proposal for the phase out of the night division; Correction of flaws in the system of legal education; Maintenance of the quality of law education.
- Rules of law. Harris, Joanne // Lawyer;5/23/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p34
The article discusses the issues concerning regulation that governs legal practice. According to John Goodwill, managing partner at Linklaters' Moscow office, the Russian government did a great effort to improve the quality of its financial industry. Moreover, it notes that Katrina Haslam-Jones,...
- Law school ratings set for revolution. Begum, Husnara // Lawyer;10/10/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p2
Reports on the reform of the Law Society's grading system for assessing postgraduate law schools in Great Britain. Assessment of law schools; Introduction of the grading system in October 2005; Law Society's overall gradings of law schools in the country.