Fraud probes target HMOs
- President proposes $48 million effort to increase Medicare fraud busting. Cys, Jane // AHA News;01/31/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p2
Reports on the plan of United States President Bill Clinton to renew efforts to fight Medicare fraud. What the proposal requires; Amount collected by the government in 1999 as a result of health care fraud prosecutions; Number of fraud cases that have been filed in 1999 from 1998.
- Avoiding the legal pitfalls of DRG window regulations. Gustafson, Bobette M. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Oct96, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p96
No abstract available.
- HHS expands Operation Restore Trust. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jul97, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p9
Reports on the expansion of Operation Restore Trust (ORT), the government's Medicare and Medicaid antifraud and abuse initiative. States in the United States that will be reached by the ORT investigations as part of its expansion; Target provider groups of ORT; Information about ORT when it was...
- FEDS EXPAND HEALTH FRAUD ENFORCEMENT. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;06/20/97, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p87
Focuses on `Operation Restore Trust' which aims to find fraudulent billing in Medicare and Medicaid. Amount recovered since it began 1995; Reactions on the initiative; Ambiguity in definition of fraud.
- Medicare. Serb, Chris // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;02/05/98, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p10
Highlights a report released by the Department of the Health and Human Services' Office of Inspector General which indicates that the federal crackdown on Medicare fraud and abuse is becoming successful. Reference to the fraud-fighting measures saving the Medicare program $7.6 billion in fiscal...
- Feds giving hospitals fiscal exam. Murtha, Kerry // Crain's New York Business;5/20/96, Vol. 12 Issue 21, p16
No abstract available.
- Tightening the screws on health-care cheats. Rose, Joan R. // Medical Economics;7/29/96, Vol. 73 Issue 14, p15
Reports on the expansion of Operation Restore Trust in the United States which prevents Medicare fraud. Infusion of fund; Appropriations; Target of spending growth.
- Medicare crackdown nets $7.6 billion. // Family Practice Management;Feb1998, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on the United States government's efforts to fight Medicare fraud and abuse resulting in fiscal savings and exclusion of providers. Intensification of civil and criminal investigations of frauds and abuse; Office of the Inspector General's (OIG's ) audit of Medicare claims.
- First regional health care fraud prevention summit held in Miami. // AHA News;7/26/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 15, p7
The article offers information on the first in a series of regional health care fraud prevention summit held in Miami, Florida on July 16, 2010, organized by the U.S. Health and Human Services (HHS) and Department of Justice (DOJ).