P&C Industry Made a Healthy $8 Billion in 2d Quarter
- Investments fuel insurer profits. TSIKOUDAKIS, MIKE // Business Insurance;4/25/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 17, p4
The article focuses on an analysis by the Insurance Services Office Inc. and the Property Casualty Insurers Association of America, which showed that U.S. property/casualty insurers' aftertax profits increased by almost 21% to 34.7 billion U.S. dollars in 2011.
- CANADIAN P&C INSURERS DOUBLE THEIR 2010 Q2 INCOME. // Canadian Underwriter;Oct2010, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p10
The article reports on the increase in the net income of property and casualty (P&C) insurers in Canada for the second quarter of 2010.
- Investments push insurer profits higher. Casale, Jeff // Business Insurance;9/20/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 37, p4
The article reports on the 16.5 billion U.S. dollars net income posted by private U.S. property/casualty insurers for the first half of 2010, according to the data released by Insurance Services Office Inc. and the Property Casualty Insurers Association of America.
- Few Underachievers Disturb First-Quarter Party Atmosphere. Sclafane, Susanne // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;5/27/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 21, p10
Reports on the higher earnings posted by property-casualty insurers in the U.S. for the first-quarter of 2002. Companies whose operating earnings were lower in first-quarter 2002 than in first-quarter 2001; Reason for the higher earnings; Improvement of individual combined ratios among companies.
- NU'S PROFIT LEADERS--THE TOP 50. // National Underwriter / P&C;1/24/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 3, p25
Presents "National Underwriter" magazine's Profit Leaders list of the top 50 property-casualty insurance companies in the United States. IDS Property Casualty Group; Transguard Insurance Co. of America Inc.; Agri General Insurance Co.; Kentucky Employers Mutual Insurance; Safe Auto Insurance Co.
- How Were NU Profit Leaders Determined? Sclafane, Susanne // National Underwriter / P&C;1/24/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 3, p27
Explains how "National Underwriter" magazine determined the rankings for its Profit Leaders list of the most profitable property-casualty insurance companies in the United States. Requirements for inclusion in the list; Use of combined ratios and volatility as measures of profitability;...
- After Record Year, P/C Industry Braces for Soft Market. Dankwa, David // Best's Review;Feb2007, Vol. 107 Issue 10, p7
The article reports on the growth of profits of the property and casualty insurance industry in 2006 in the U.S. It is stated that the return is the best return on equity in 20 years and the most impressive combined ratio in 60 years. Life insurance companies focus on caution and discipline....
- Weiss Ratings Reports P/C Earnings At $15.6 B For 1st Half 2003, A 188.9% Zoom; Cash Flow Up 66%. // Insurance Advocate;12/1/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 45, p40
Reports on the increase in the earnings of property and casualty insurers in the U.S. during the first six months of 2003. Names of insurers with largest year-over-year increases in net income; Factors contributing to the increase.
- Industry Reports Record Underwriting Profit in 2004. // Claims;Oct2005, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p11
Reports on the profits posted by property and casualty insurance companies in the U.S. in 2004. Rise in the underwriting profits of the industry as of December 31, 2004; Factor that contribute to such increase; Decline in the industry's loss ratio.