P&C Industry Made a Healthy $8 Billion in 2d Quarter
- Investments push insurer profits higher. Casale, Jeff // Business Insurance;9/20/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 37, p4
The article reports on the 16.5 billion U.S. dollars net income posted by private U.S. property/casualty insurers for the first half of 2010, according to the data released by Insurance Services Office Inc. and the Property Casualty Insurers Association of America.
- Investments fuel insurer profits. TSIKOUDAKIS, MIKE // Business Insurance;4/25/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 17, p4
The article focuses on an analysis by the Insurance Services Office Inc. and the Property Casualty Insurers Association of America, which showed that U.S. property/casualty insurers' aftertax profits increased by almost 21% to 34.7 billion U.S. dollars in 2011.
- CANADIAN P&C INSURERS DOUBLE THEIR 2010 Q2 INCOME. // Canadian Underwriter;Oct2010, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p10
The article reports on the increase in the net income of property and casualty (P&C) insurers in Canada for the second quarter of 2010.
- Few Underachievers Disturb First-Quarter Party Atmosphere. Sclafane, Susanne // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;5/27/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 21, p10
Reports on the higher earnings posted by property-casualty insurers in the U.S. for the first-quarter of 2002. Companies whose operating earnings were lower in first-quarter 2002 than in first-quarter 2001; Reason for the higher earnings; Improvement of individual combined ratios among companies.
- Net Income Of P/C Insurers In First Half 2003 Rose Sharply To $14.5 Billion. // Insurance Advocate;10/6/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 37, p3
Reports on the rise of the income of the United States property/casualty insurance industry during the first half of 2003. Factors that influenced the financial performance of the industry; Annualized rate of return on average surplus of the industry; Rise in the industry's pre-tax operating...
- Insurer first-half profits up 44.5%. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;8/29/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 35, p3
Reports on the increase in the profits of commercial property and casualty insurers in the U.S. in the first half of 2005 according to a survey posted by the periodical "Business Insurance." Results of the survey; Factors that contribute to the increase in the profits of insurers; Outlook for...
- NU'S PROFIT LEADERS--THE TOP 50. // National Underwriter / P&C;1/24/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 3, p25
Presents "National Underwriter" magazine's Profit Leaders list of the top 50 property-casualty insurance companies in the United States. IDS Property Casualty Group; Transguard Insurance Co. of America Inc.; Agri General Insurance Co.; Kentucky Employers Mutual Insurance; Safe Auto Insurance Co.
- How Were NU Profit Leaders Determined? Sclafane, Susanne // National Underwriter / P&C;1/24/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 3, p27
Explains how "National Underwriter" magazine determined the rankings for its Profit Leaders list of the most profitable property-casualty insurance companies in the United States. Requirements for inclusion in the list; Use of combined ratios and volatility as measures of profitability;...
- P/C Industry's Net Income Held Strong in 1998 Despite High Underwriting Losses: A.M. Best. // Insurance Advocate;08/07/99, Vol. 110 Issue 31, p16
Reports on the net income growth of the United States property/casualty insurance industry in 1998. Effect of underwriting losses; Operating income; Pretax operating earnings.