Yields Fall Six to Seven Basis Points; $1.03B Massachusetts Deal Tops Day
- Indexes at Lowest Point Since July as Buyers React to Data. Walker, Sussane // Bond Buyer;10/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31733, p36
Reports on the decline of the 'Bond Buyer' municipal bond yield indexes in the U.S. Result of increasing bids from investors; Volatility of the consumer confidence index; Continuation of weakness in the job market.
- Municipals Gain, Treasuries Rally; Rhode Island Sells $150M Tan Deal. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;11/27/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31522, p2
Reports on the performance of municipal bonds in treasury market in New York on November 26, 2002. Reason cited for gains in the bonds; Gain in the Conference Board's consumer confidence index; Interest cost of the tax anticipation notes bought by Morgan Stanley & Co. and Lehman Brothers Inc.
- Municipal Bond Prices Finish Higher As Treasuries Increase on Weak Data. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;6/14/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31407, p2
Presents updates related to the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of June 2002. Loan offering by issuers; Demand for bond issues; Amount of net in-flow of tax-free funds.
- Banks or bonds? Rates, spreads mean more may turn to munis. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;03/09/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30594, p1
Focuses on the trend towards the use of municipal bonds instead of bank loans by small issuers in the United States due to decreasing rates and widening of the spread to Treasuries. Increase in supply of high-yield paper; Reasons for the scarcity of high-yield paper; Interest rates; Municipal...
- Munis Weaker Ahead of Fed Rate Announcement. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;6/25/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32906, p2
The article reports on the weak performance of the U.S. municipal market as of June 24, 2008. It showed a slightly weaker performance in light trading but is ahead of the interest rate as announced by the Federal Reserve. The municipal bonds declined compared to Treasuries and the ratio between...
- Munis Weaker After Higher Payroll Data. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/11/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32525, p2
The article examines the performance of bonds in the U.S. bond market as of December 2006. The municipal bonds slowed due to higher nonfarm payrolls in November. On the other hand, tax-exempt bonds are weaker by two or three basis points. The performance of bonds are also affected by the revised...
- Munis Firmer in Issuance-Free Session. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/26/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32575, p2
The article provides updates concerning municipal bond market in the U.S. for February 2007. On February 23, 2007, the municipal market was firmer by about two basis point in a largely data-and issuance-free session. According to one trader, there's a lot going on, and he thinks it is going to...
- Munis Unchanged, Treasuries Rise; Texas Sells $7.43 Billion of Trans. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/27/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31707, p2
Reports that while there was little change in the market for municipal bonds in the U.S. on August 26, 2003, while treasuries rose and Texas led the new-issue market with the sale of 7.43 billion dollars of tax and revenue anticipation notes. Government response to the rise in the consumer...
- Munis Slightly Firmer With Lower Yields. Scarchilli, Michael; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/29/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32702, p2
The article presents information on the municipal market in the U.S. The municipal market remained slightly firmer on August 28, 2007 with yields lower by two or three basis points. The yield on the benchmark 10-year treasury note was opened at 4.57 percent in the treasury market. Economic data...