In Recall's Shadow, Big Spending Question Goes to California Voters
- Qatar. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/11/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 15, p27
Discloses that Qatari government spending and revenues are expected to rise significantly in fiscal 1997 and 1998, according to the budget released by the Finance, Economy and Trade Industry Ministry on March 30, 1997. Increase planned for the current and capital spending; Priority focused on...
- D.C. Bond Spending in FY-2012 Falls From Same Period Last Year. GLAZIER, KYLE // Bond Buyer;9/25/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33787, p5
The article presents information regarding the spending of 397.7 million U.S. dollars by Washington D.C. for capital improvements program.
- Transportation Accord. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;7/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32175, p1
Reports on the plan of New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) and the state Department of Transportation to split $35.8 billion for capital projects over the next five years following an agreement reached by lawmakers in July 13, 2005. Details of the five-year spending; Capital...
- Senior academics attack PFI. Harding, David // Public Finance;01/14/2000, p6
Reports on senior academics' attack against claims that the Private Finance Initiative was a remedy for the shortfall in public sector capital spending in Great Britain. Government's plans for a public/private partnership; Alternative ways of financing major projects; Advantage of a revenue bond.
- INEQUITIES IN PUBLIC SCHOOL CAPITAL FINANCE: EVIDENCE FROM SCHOOL DISTRICTS IN TEXAS. Gamkhar, Shama; Koerner, Mona // Proceedings of the Annual Conference on Taxation;2002, p213
Examines the inequities of public school spending in Texas. Constitutionality of school finance system; Distribution of capital finance across school districts; Existence of disparities in capital spending by school districts.
- Capital 'fixes' fail to solve state's problems. // Crain's Chicago Business;6/23/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p14
The author reflects on Illinois lawmakers' failure to approve a 2008 capital spending plan in Chicago, Illinois. The author wants the lawmakers to consider the survey released by INRIX Inc., related to traffic congestion in Chicago. The survey cites the traffic bottlenecks areas in Chicago, the...
- Reformers greet budget announcement. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/9/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p25
Reports on the budget appropriations approved by the Syrian government for 2004. Forecast on public expenditure for 2004; Increase in budget spending; Focus of capital spending.
- Rough and Tumble. Hoffman, Allison // Columbia;Summer2003, Issue 38, p20
California bought $66 million special election to recall the governor. It was done because state of affairs were much below expectations. The state had a $38 billion budget shortfall, the economic recovery was slow and uncertain and the U.S. as a country, was still on some color-coded terror...
- Texas Lawmakers to Consider Slew of Bond-Heavy Bills as Session Nears End. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/11/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31137, p40
Reports the consideration of bond proposals for the finalization of the 2002-03 budget by the lawmakers in Dallas, Texas. Issuance of billion dollars of debt; Authorization to sell bonds for highway construction; Payment for higher education capital needs, capital improvements and mortgages for...