Impact of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection on the progression of liver fibrosis in hepatitis C virus infected patients
- Progression of Chronic Hepatitis C to Liver Fibrosis and Cirrhosis in Patients Coinfected with Hepatitis C Virus and Human Immunodeficiency Virus. Martinez-Sierra, Carmen; Arizcorreta, Ana; Díaz, Fernando; Roldán, Rafael; Martín-Herrera, Leopoldo; Pérez-Guzmán, Eugenio; Girón-González, José A. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;2/15/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p491
To evaluate the factors associated with the evolution of chronic hepatitis C in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected patients, a cross-sectional analysis of 41 HIV-infected patients with chronic hepatitis C (known as "HIV-HCV [hepatitis C virus]-coinfected patients") and a control group...
- Deaths from hepatitis C overtake deaths from HIV in the US. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;3/3/2012, Vol. 344 Issue 7846, p12
The article reports that there are more individuals who died from hepatitis C (15, 106) in the U.S. in 2007 than those who died from HIV (12, 734) based on the analysis of U.S. death certificates.
- Evolution of Coinfection with Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Hepatitis C Virus in Patients Treated with Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy. Torre, D.; Tambini, R.; Cadario, F.; Barbarini, G.; Moroni, M.; Basilico, C. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;11/1/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p1579
Focuses on a study which examined patients coinfected with HIV and hepatitis C virus (HCV) who were treated with highly active antiretroviral therapy in Italy. Characteristics of the study population; Survival rate of patients coinfected with HIV and HCV; Evolution of HCV genotypes and disease.
- Prevalence and Characteristics of Hepatitis C Virus Coinfection in a Human Immunodeficiency Virus Clinical Trials Group: The Terry Beirn Community Programs for Clinical Research on AIDS. Tedaldi, Ellen M.; Hullsiek, Katherine Hoppler; Malvestutto, Carlos D.; Arduino, Roberto C.; Fisher, Evelyn J.; Gaglio, Paul J.; Jenny-Avital, Elizabeth R.; McGowan, Joseph P.; Perez, George // Clinical Infectious Diseases;5/15/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p1313
The baseline prevalence of hepatitis C virus (HCV) and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) coinfection among 2705 patients enrolled in HIV clinical trials in the Community Programs for Clinical Research on AIDS (CPCRA) was 16.6%. For men, multivariate logistic regression showed that the baseline...
- Canada's Prisons: High Risk. // Guide;Jun2003, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p112
Reports on an increase in HIV and hepatitis C infection rates in federal prisons in Canada. Voluntary tests for inmates; Likely causes of the infections.
- HIV/HCV Koenfeksiyonu: Olgu Sunumu. KUMBASAR KARAOSMANOĞLU, Hayat; ALTUNTAŞ AYDIN, Özlem; RAHŞAN İNCE, Emine; NAZLICAN, Özcan // Viral Hepatitis Journal / Viral Hepatit Dergisi;Aug2013, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p89
HIV/HCV coinfection is common due to shared routes of transmission. Co-infection affects disease progression related to both agents and complicates treatment. In this report, a 48-year old male patient with HIV/HCV coinfection has been presented.
- Table of Contents. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;Dec2014, Vol. 59 Issue 12, pNP
A table of the contents for December 15, 2014 issue is presented.
- Transmission of HCV NS5A Inhibitorâ€“Resistant Variants Among HIV-Infected Men Who Have Sex With Men. Abravanel, Florence; Métivier, Sophie; Chauveau, Marie; Péron, Jean-Marie; Izopet, Jacques // Clinical Infectious Diseases;11/1/2016, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p1271
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article about hepatitis C virus drug resistance associated HIV infection in men in the previous issue.
- CROI 2013: The beat goes on -- progress in HIV, HCV infections. Volberding, Paul A. // Infectious Disease News;Apr2013, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p5
The author reflects on the advances in the prevention and treatment of HIV and hepatitis C virus (HCV) infections which were discussed at the 2013 Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI) in Atlanta, Georgia.