Ten year incidence of HCV infection in northern Italy and frequency of spontaneous viral clearance
- What's the fuss about Hepatitis C? Pinette, Gilles // Windspeaker;May2002, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p21
Examines the epidemiology of hepatitis C virus. Symptoms and diagnosis; Treatment; Prevention.
- Discrepancy found between HCV surveillance systems. // Infectious Disease News;Sep2013, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p27
The article focuses on the discrepancy between hepatitis C seroprevalence and the number of people reported in hepatitis registries in several American states, which according to researchers from the New York State Department of Health resulted due to the inability of existing surveillance...
- The next deadly epidemic. Allen, Arthur // Redbook;May99, Vol. 193 Issue 1A, p114
Warns about the growing cases of hepatitis C in the United States. Story shared by Becky Lorenz; Causes and symptoms; Diagnosis and treatment.
- Testing for hepatitis C. Hill, Barry // Independent Nurse;9/6/2010, p36
The article describes the case of a 45-year-old male patient who contracted hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection.
- Genetic Epidemiology of Hepatitis C Virus throughout Egypt. Ray, Stuary C.; Arthur, Ray R.; Carella, Anthony; Bukh, Jens; Thomas, David L. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;9/1/2000, Vol. 182 Issue 3, p698
Investigates the genetic epidemiology of hepatitis C virus (HCV) throughout Egypt. Characterization of HCV genotype distribution and concordance of genotype assessments on the basis of multiple genomic regions; Amplification of the 5' noncoding, core/E1 and NS5B regions; Results of the...
- Normal aminotransferase concentrations in patients with antibodies to hepatitis C virus. Bruno, Savino; Rossi, Sonia; Letizia, M.; Villa, Petroni Erica; Ruin, Massimo; Polda, Mauro // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/12/94, Vol. 308 Issue 6930, p697
Focuses on the normal aminotransferase concentrations in patients with antibodies to hepatitis C virus in Italy. Purpose of the study; Test Results in patients with antibodies to Hepatitis A; Comments on the study.
- Hepatitis C infection in African Americans: its natural history and histological progression. Wiley, Thelma E.; Brown, Jennifer; Chan, Juliana // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar2002, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p700
OBJECTIVE:The aim of this retrospective analysis was to determine the natural history of hepatitis C virus infection in African Americans versus non-African Americans by evaluating the clinical, virological, and histological findings.METHODS:We examined in a retrospective manner the...
- the hep c generation. Shaffer, Alyssa L. // Vegetarian Times;Sep2000, Issue 277, p76
Reports on the occurrence of a hepatitis C epidemic in the United States. Its signs and symptoms; Number of people affected, according to the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, Georgia; Its modes of transmission; Information on the treatment of the disease. INSETS: The ABCs of...
- Injection Drug Use and Hepatitis C: From Transmission to Treatment. Sylvestre, Diana L. // Psychiatric Annals;Jun2003, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p377
The article discusses the relationship between substance abuse and hepatitis C virus. It enumerates the diseases that hepatitis C virus can further lead to if left untreated. It presents the treatments available for the disease. It gives an overview of the epidemiology, transmission, natural...