Influence of body posture on intestinal transit of gas
- Rifaximin for small intestinal bacterial overgrowth in patients without irritable bowel syndrome. Boltin, Doron; Perets, Tsachi Tsadok; Shporn, Einav; Aizic, Shoshana; Levy, Sigal; Niv, Yaron; Dickman, Ram // Annals of Clinical Microbiology & Antimicrobials;2014, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Background Rifaximin is a minimally absorbed antibiotic with high luminal activity, used to treat various gastrointestinal diseases. Although rifaximin has been proposed as first line treatment for small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO), few data are available regarding its efficacy in...
- Actonorm Gel. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p34
This article presents information on Actonorm Gel which is a proprietary, non-prescription compound preparation of the antacid agents magnesium hydroxide and aluminum hydroxide, together with the antifoaming dimeticone. It is used for the symptomatic relief of dyspepsia, indigestion, flatulence...
- After a certain age, say 20, only men find farting funny. Booth, Lauren // New Statesman;6/3/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4590, p63
Presents humorous experiences of the author. Insistence that her date order a dessert entitled 'toffee lumpy bumpy'; How she finds herself laughing at an elder relative pass gas; Comment that she does not want to be mature and sensible yet.
- Ask Dr Andrew. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);4/17/2006, Vol. 58 Issue 16, p12
The article offers information on the treatment of flatulence. Most people pass gas many times a day. Flatulence itself, although not life-threatening, can definitely cause embarrassment. There are two main sources of intestinal gas. One treatment for excessive gas is avoiding problem food.
- Gas, Unmasked. // Men's Health;Jun2005, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p76
Presents information on farts and other intestinal enigmas. Number of times an average person passes gas each day; Overview of foods that produce gas after eating; Ways to stop farting.
- Windy Whales. Hickey, Georgina // Nature Australia;Autumn2004, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p17
Deals with the flatulence in Minke whales. Definition of flatulence; Kinds of gases released by animals; Component that makes some farts stink.
- fart attacks! // Cosmo Girl;Apr2004, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p64
Answers a question about farting during a date.
- Intestinal gas: A right of passage. Lipman, Marvin M. // Consumer Reports on Health;Jun2007, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p11
The article discusses several key elements of flatulence, the passage of intestinal gas. According to the author, every living creature who possesses a digestive tract passes gas every day and this passage of gas is considered the basest of bodily functions. It cites several approaches on how to...
- Gas in the Gut: Regulation and Implications. Azpiroz, Fernando // Current Medical Literature: Gastroenterology;2006, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p53
The article offers information on the regulation and implications of gas in the gut. The production, consumption and movement of gas within the gut and its diffusion between the gut and the blood is called intraluminal gas homeostasis. The total volume of gas in normal conditions should only...