Severe idiopathic gastroparesis due to neuronal and interstitial cells of Cajal degeneration: pathological findings and management
- When Diabetes Leads to a Lazy Stomach: The Goods on Gastroparesis. Von Wartburg, Linda // Diabetes Health;Oct/Nov2007, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p21
The article offers information on gastroparesis. Also known as stomach paralysis, gastroparesis is a kind of diabetic neuropathy or nerve damage. Its symptoms include bloating, abdominal pain, nausea, feeling full after just a few bites of a meal, weight loss and heartburn. Making dietary...
- gastroparalysis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p860
A definition of the medical term "gastroparalysis" is presented, which refers to the paralysis of the stomach.
- Stomach pain: What's serious, what's not. Heller, Linda // Redbook;Oct95, Vol. 185 Issue 6, p30
Lists symptoms of serious stomachache that need to be consulted to a doctor. Includes severe pain; Presence of fever; Presence of blood in stool.
- Isolated Gastric Tuberculosis: A Case Report and Review of Literature. Mukhopadhyay, Madhumita; Rahaman, Quazi; Mallick, Nisith; Khan, Dawood; Roy, Sudipta; Biswas, Niloy // Indian Journal of Surgery;Oct2010, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p412
Isolated gastric tuberculosis is a rare condition, even in those parts of the world where intestinal tuberculosis is common. Herein we describe a case of a thirty year old female patient with isolated gastric tuberculosis who presented with features of gastric outlet obstruction.
- Remedies for Revelers: 5 essential stomach soothers. // Homeopathy Today;Winter2016, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p42
The article presents the several indispensible homeopathic remedies to have on hand for the winter and New Year festivities including pulsatilla, lycopodium and nux vomica.
- ooooh! My Stomach Hurts! Gard, Carolyn // Current Health 1;Oct2002, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p20
Provides information on the different causes of stomach pain in children, including gastroenteritis.
- Gastric cancer, diet, and nitrate exposure. Forman, David // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);2/28/1987, Vol. 294 Issue 6571, p528
Focuses on the incidence of gastric cancer in Great Britain. Role of dietary practice in the outbreak of the disease; Phases of gastric carcinogenesis; Advice of the government to increase consumption of foods with vitamin C.
- Clinicopathologic significance of sialyl Le xexpression in advanced gastric carcinoma. Futamura, N; Nakamura, S; Tatematsu, M; Yamamura, Y; Kannagi, R; Hirose, H // British Journal of Cancer;12/15/2000, Vol. 83 Issue 12, p1681
Sialyl Lewis[SUPx] antigen (SLX) is a carbohydrate antigen that serves as a ligand for selectin, an adhesion molecule expressed on vascular endothelial cells. The expression of SLX in 245 patients with advanced gastric carcinoma was examined immunohistochemically, and its clinicopathologic...
- Estrogen's protective affect for gastric cancer? Lemon, Thomas Iain; Lee, Annabelle // International Journal of Students' Research;2013, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p61
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Gastric Cancer in Young People Under 30 Years of Age: Worse Prognosis, or Delay in Diagnosis?" in the 2013 issue.