Risk of cancers of the oesophagus and stomach by histology or subsite in patients hospitalized for pernicious anaemia
- Meat Linked to Cancers of Esophagus and Stomach. // Environmental Nutrition;Feb2002, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p1
Analyzes the health risks of high-meat diet for cancers of the esophagus and stomach. Cancer-protective vitamin C; Fat and carcinogen content of food.
- Population Attributable Risk of Esophageal and Fastric Cancers. // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;9/17/2003, Vol. 95 Issue 18, p139
Focuses on a study which estimated the population attributable risks for esophageal and gastric cancer risk factors. Conclusion that the incidence of these cancers may be decreased by reducing the prevalence of smoking, gastroesophageal reflux and being overweight.
- Population Attributable riskd of Esophageal and Gastric Cancers. Engel, Lawrence S.; Wong-Ho Chow; Vaughan, Thomas L.; Gammon, Marilie D.; Risch, Harvey A.; stanford, Janet L.; Schoenberg, Janet B.; Mayne, Susan T.; Dubrow, Robert; Rotterdam, Heidrum; Brian West, A.; Blaser, Martin; Blot, William J.; Gail, Mitchell H.; Fraumeni Jr., Joseph F. // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;9/17/2003, Vol. 95 Issue 18, p1404
Background: Several risk factors have been identified for esophageal adenocarcinoma, gastric cardia adenocarcinoma, esophageal squamous cell carcinoma, and noncardia gastric adenocarcinoma, but no study has comprehensively examined their contributions to the cancer burden in the general...
- Risk of adenocarcinoma of the esophagus and gastric cardia. // American Family Physician;1/1/1996, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p317
Discusses the article `The relation of gastroesophageal reflux disease and its treatment to adenocarcinomas of the esophagus and gastric cardia,' by W. Chow et al, published in `JAMA.' Risks for esophageal and gastric cancer; Demographics of gastric cardia and esophageal cancer patients.
- A prospective cohort study of obesity and risk of oesophageal and gastric adenocarcinoma in the NIHeAARP Diet and Health Study. O'Doherty, Mark G.; Freedman, Neal D.; Hollenbeck, Albert R.; Schatzkin, Arthur; Abnet, Christian C. // Gut;Sep2012, Vol. 61 Issue 9, p1261
Objective The incidence of oesophageal adenocarcinoma (EAC) has increased rapidly over the past 40 years and accumulating evidence suggests that obesity, as measured by body mass index (BMI), is a major risk factor. It remains unclear whether abdominal obesity is associated with EAC and gastric...
- STUDY FINDS ANIMAL PROTEIN MAY BE LINKED TO STOMACH CANCERS. // New Vegetarian & Natural Health;Spring2002, p75
Reports on a study indicating that people who eat large amounts of cholesterol, animal protein and vitamin B[sub12] have a higher risk of esophageal and stomach cancer. Comparison of dietary habits of afflicted and non-afflicted persons.
- The relation of gastroesophageal reflux disease and its treatment to adenocarcinomas of the... Chow, Wong-Ho; Finkle, William D. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;8/9/95, Vol. 274 Issue 6, p474
Examines the relationship of gastrointestinal disorders and their treatment to the risk of adenocarcinomas of the esophagus and gastric cardia (AEC). Outcome measures; Odds ratios for adenocarcinoma of the esophagus and gastric cardia; Relationship of adenocarcinoma with use of H2 antagonists...
- Cigarette smoking and esophageal and gastric cardia adenocarcinoma. Zuo-Feng Zhang; Kurtz, Robert C. // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;09/03/97, Vol. 89 Issue 17, p1247
Editorials. Details a study that adds definitive evidence on the association between smoking and adenocarcinomas of the esophagus and gastric cardia. Increases in the incidence of adenocarcinomas of the esophagus and gastric cardia in the United States; Consistency of the findings with six...
- Tobacco, alcohol, and socioeconomic status and adenocarcinomas of the esophagus and gastric cardia. Gammon, Marilie D.; Schoenberg, Janet B. // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;09/03/97, Vol. 89 Issue 17, p1277
Details a study that aims to determine risk factors for adenocarcinomas of the esophagus and gastric cardia. Rise of incidence rates for the diseases in America and Europe; Examination of tobacco, alcohol and socioeconomic factors; Increase in the risk of esophageal and gastric cardia...