- Lean supply base cuts Freudenberg-NOK's costs. Begin, Sherri // Rubber & Plastics News;9/3/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the strategies applied by Freudenberg-Nok General Partnership for its costs savings in the automobile industry in the U.S. Focus on time and labor spent by the company; Inclusion of the internal scrap costs, equipment and labor downtime; Rate of asset utilized due to labor downtime.
- Day: Lean is the only way to go. // Rubber & Plastics News;3/11/2002, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p6
Relates the views of Joseph C. Day, chairman and chief executive officer of Freudenberg-NOK G.P. on the importance of lean manufacturing techniques in the automotive supply industry. Widening gap between Japanese and American firms; Commitment of Japanese companies to lean culture; Basis of...
- Mean Joe Lean Is 'Hopping Mad.' // Ward's Auto World;Nov2001, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p19
Reports on the statement of Freudenberg-NOK chief executive officer Joseph Day about the that North American automobile industry. Attention given by journalists about his statement; Failure of the industry to embrace lean manufacturing concept popularized by Toyota Motor Corp.
- Freudenberg looks for sealing consolidation. Chew, Edmund // Rubber & Plastics News;1/13/2003, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p10
Focuses on plans of Freudenberg Group to use its technology, size and global alliances to prosper in an anticipated consolidation of its automotive sealing segment in 2003. Total sales of the company in 2001; Collaboration of the company with Japan-based NOK Inc.; Key focus and strengths of the...
- Freudenberg spinoff focuses on lean operation consulting. Begin, Sherri // Rubber & Plastics News;10/1/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p3
Reports the resumption of Freudenberg-NOK G.P. in the lean manufacturing consulting business in Birmingham, Michigan. Launch of the Lean Center L.L.C.; Claims of chief executive officer Joseph C. Day on Lean Center objectives; Importance of lean production on the North American automotive industry.
- Freudenberg eyes new line of business. Kosdrosky, Terry // Automotive News;8/18/2003, Vol. 77 Issue 6053, p33
Freudenberg-NOK G.P., a supplier known for its automotive seals business, is making a move into the brake hose and noise-vibration filter businesses under its new CEO. While Freudenberg-NOK is No. 1 in brake hoses and No. 2 in noise-vibration on other continents, it's a small player in North...
- Supplier hails its uniqueness. McCracken, Jeffrey // Crain's Detroit Business;08/02/99, Vol. 15 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the unwillingness of Joe Day, head of Freudenberg-NOK, to join the trend of mergers and partnerships in the automobile industry. Use of advertising to proclaim the company's independence; Day's rationale for rejecting massive consolidation; Belief that consolidation in the industry...
- Freudenberg-NOK takes job expansion to Indiana. // New Hampshire Business Review;12/05/97, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p4
Reports on the expansion decision of the automotive supply manufacturer Freudenberg-NOK company. Amount invested by the company in its New Hampshire facilities in 1996; Remarks of the company President Medhi Ilkhani-Pour on the reactions of lawmakers with the efforts of his firms.
- Defending Its Turf. Murphy, Tom // Ward's Auto World;Nov98, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p49
Focuses on the competition facing Freudenberg-NOK General Partnership, an engine sealing company, against Federal-Mogul Corp. Information on the sales of Freudenberg-NOK; Sales performance of its competitors.