QF to reboot carbon offset program
- QF carbon offset deal. // Travel Daily;11/18/2013, p7
The article reports that Australian airline Qantas signed a carbon offset contract with carbon offset management provider C02 Australia Limited to see Qantas meet its 'I Fly Carbon Neutral' voluntary passenger offset program through forest protection, clean energy and sustainable cooking programs.
- QF carbon offset push. // Travel Daily;9/2/2014, p5
The article reports on the greenhouse gas mitigation efforts promoted by airline Qantas Airways Ltd. (QF) through its carbon (C) offset program.
- AIRLINE NEWS. // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Nov2007, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p218
This section offers news briefs regarding developments in the global airline industry. British Airways initiated a $233 million overhaul of its business-class amenities onboard the airline's Boeing 747 and 777 fleet. Qantas has launched a Carbon Offset Program where passengers may elect to...
- Qantas floats lower. // Air Transport World;Aug95, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p7
Reports the privatization of the Australian flag carrier, Qantas, in order to make profits. Opening of Qantas's shares on the Australian Stock Exchange on July 31, 1995.
- Qantas cuts flights, plans 3,000 layoffs. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/15/1991, Vol. 134 Issue 15, p36
Reports that Qantas Airways is cutting services and will lay off up to 3,000 employees in an effort to return the Australian government-owned carrier to profitability.
- Quantas plans 18 percent staff cut in move to private control. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/15/1991, Vol. 135 Issue 2, p32
Announces that Quantas Airlines will cut 3,651 jobs, or 18 percent, to improve profitability and prepare the carrier for private ownership, saving the Australian airline about $123 million (American) for fiscal 1991-92. The Australian government plans to sell 49 percent of the carrier, 35...
- Qantas upgrade. // Air Transport World;May98, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p95
Reports that Qantas Airways Ltd. has finalized plans for a major upgrade of its international fleet.
- Truck stop. Dawson, Angela // Adweek Western Edition;11/24/97, Vol. 47 Issue 47, p4
Reports on the Qantas Airways campaign which features the outdoor advertising of a converted dump truck. Where the idea for the campaign originated; Detailed information on the campaign; Comments from Lynn Hackman, Qantas Airways' public relations account services director.
- Qantas Airways. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/20/1992, Vol. 137 Issue 3, p17
Says the Australian carrier Qantas Airways has ordered two Boeing 767-300ER (extended range) wide-body jets to be powered by General Electric CF6-80C2B6 engines. This brings Boeing's total of firm orders this year to 113 aircraft valued at $9.6 billion. Other recent Boeing orders.