PDM: Organizing data for enterprise-wide usefulness
- STEP it up. Martin, Norman // Automotive Industries;Sep96, Vol. 176 Issue 9, p122
Focuses on the importance of the standard for the exchange of product (STEP) model data for the exchange of automotive computer-aided designs. STEP integration process; Background on the STEP program; Launching of the AutoSTEP program; Efforts to develop automotive specific STEP standards.
- Step to the rescue. Martin, Norman // Automotive Industries;Nov95, Vol. 175 Issue 11, p61
Discusses the international standard, called Standard for the Exchange of Product Model Data, which calls for the homogeneity of computer-aided design and construction systems for automobiles. Difficulty of creating a different computer-aided design system for each individual manufacturer;...
- Art-to-part modeling cuts development time. Rouch, Eric // Machine Design;2/9/95, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p70
Features the Pro/Engineer's solid modeler from Parametric Technology Corporation. Upgrading of a 2D CAD system; Functions and features; Specifications; Other design modules tool designers use.
- Modeling to improve quality or efficiency? An automotive domain perspective. France, Robert; Rumpe, Bernhard // Software & Systems Modeling;Jul2012, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p303
The author discusses the importance of modeling techniques in automotive and embedded software industries. It states that modeling techniques can be used to synthesize and compose sub-models to capture a variety of features of a distributed system. It highlights the significance of appropriate...
- 1996 CAD/CAM/CAE buyer's guide. // Automotive Industries;Nov95, Vol. 175 Issue 11, p67
Presents a list of various suppliers of computer-aided design and manufacturing systems and computer software for the automobile industry. Includes companies such as Camax Manufacturing Technologies; Sun Microsystems Computer Corp.; Binary Engineering; Wolverine Software Corp.
- BIG DATA = BIG OPPORTUNITIES FOR EVERYONE. Chopra, Anil // PC Quest;May2013, p53
The article focuses on the use of Big Data in several sectors in the market like retail, healthcare and automotive. Big Data tools analyze structured and unstructured data in providing insights in marketing and electronic commerce (e-commerce). It helps improve monitor medical equipment data,...
- The "New Face" of Automotive Traceability. Ford, Michael // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Sep2015, p14
The article discusses the new approach on automotive traceability with the aim of data collection for safety issues. Topics mentioned include the revolution in the automotive electronics industry which was driven by technology advances, need for enhanced safety, and energy efficiency, the low...
- Adjust the Fuel Ratio by High Impact Chattering Free Sliding Methodology with Application to Automotive Engine. Piltan, Farzin; Bazregar, Mansour; kamgari, Marzieh; Akbari, Mehdi; Piran, Mojdeh // International Journal of Hybrid Information Technology;Jan2013, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p13
Fuel ratio (FR) is the mass ratio of air and fuel trapped inside a cylinder before combustion begins, and it affects engine emissions, fuel economy, and other performances. For a dual fuel engine equipped with both port-fuel-injection (PFI) and direct injection (DI) systems, the fuel ratio is...
- Racing ahead. Church, Gemma // Scientific Computing World;Dec2008, Issue 103, p26
The article reports on how high performance computing (HPC) technology has assisted Formula (F1) teams at the cutting edge of sports in Great Britain. It says that improving the aerodynamics of an F1 car is not easy and engineers need to test the vehicles in wind tunnels to check and optimise...