Aluminum-intensive Lincoln coming
- Ford is working with aluminum. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Mar1998, Vol. 110 Issue 3, p22
Reports on Ford Motor Co.'s consideration of the use of aluminum in the manufacture of its cars, according to Richard Parry-Jones, group vice president of Product Development. Introduction of P2000 DIATA concept car; Issues in integration of aluminum in existing manufacturing process;...
- Aluminum shines at Ford. Connelly, Mary; Sedgwick, David // Automotive News;10/26/1998, Vol. 73 Issue 5790, p1
Reports on Ford Motor Co.'s plan to build an aluminum-intensive mid-sized sport wagon in the year 2002. Design elements; Target and potential market areas; Advantages and disadvantages of using aluminum.
- A-Mays-ing space frame sets forum abuzz. Kisiel, Ralph // Automotive News;10/26/1998, Vol. 73 Issue 5790, p56
Reports on Ford Motor Co.'s response to an Alcoa aluminum space frame introduced at an aluminum industry forum and the company's plans to built an aluminum-intensive sport wagon. Design of the frame by Ford's J. Mays and Laurens van den Acker; Features of the Alcoa space frame.
- Wheels: Ford F-150 features super alloy and mega-fast aluminum processing. // Designfax;10/6/2015, Vol. 11 Issue 37, p1
The article reports on the joint development agreement between automaker Ford and aluminum producer Alcoa Inc. to produce next-generation aluminum alloys for automotive parts for the 2016 F-150 pick-up truck using Alcoa's using Micromill technology.
- Are We Ready for Aluminum? Hayes, Rhody; Wagner, Keith E. // Automotive Body Repair News;Aug2001, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p70
Focuses on the use of aluminum as the primary structural material in automotive applications in the United States. Plan of Ford Motor Co. and General Motors Corp. to implement mass-produced lines of aluminum vehicles; Readiness of automobile repair shop to service the emerging breed of cars;...
- Jaguar joins the aluminum elite. Mortimer, John // Professional Engineering;09/20/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 17, p14
Reports on Jaguar Cars Inc.'s plans to use aluminum technology developed by Ford Motor Co.'s America Aluminum Intensive Vehicle program in the production of its flagship Jaguar X350 automobile. Other Jaguar automobiles expected to use the technology; Jaguar's approach in integrating aluminum in...
- Body shops brace for challenges of aluminum. // South Texas Automotive Report;May2015, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p2
The article offers information on challenges faced by the automobile body shops from aluminum body repair work such as handling explosive airborne dust caused by sanding or grinding and mentions the National Body Shop Program along with its 2015 F-150 Collision Repair program by automaker Ford.
- Body shops brace for challenges of aluminum. // Dixie Automotive Report;May2015, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p2
The article reports on challenges for the automobile body shops caused from aluminum body repair work such as handling explosive airborne dust caused by grinding or sanding and offers information on the National Body Shop Program and its 2015 F-150 Collision Repair program by automaker Ford.
- EWI to Develop Ultrasonic Metal Welding for Production of All-Aluminum Vehicles. // Welding Journal;Oct2003, Vol. 82 Issue 10, p12
Reports on the contract of Edison Welding Institute (EWI), in partnership with Ford Motor Co., American Technology Corp. and Sonobond Ultrasonics Inc. to develop technologies that will enable mass production of aluminum vehicles. Development of ultrasonic metal welding technologies for aluminum...