Marketing changes will affect manufacturing
- Signs of the times. Thomas, Charles M. // Automotive News;9/13/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5517, Automotive News Insight p6i
Focuses on marketing strategies being considered by automobile manufacturers. Consolidation of brands; Realignment of dealer networks; General Motors' Project 2000; Chrysler's repackaging of dealerships; Shifts in the used-car market; Improvements in customer service; Shelf space syndrome.
- Sales bandwagon leaves luxury cars in the dust. Rechtin, Mark // Automotive News;7/25/1994, Vol. 68 Issue 5562, p4
Reports on the decline in sales of luxury cars in the United States. Reasons for the decline; Success stories; Forecasts for 1995.
- Makes that have already outsold '93 totals. // Automotive News;12/12/1994, Vol. 69 Issue 5582, p37
Presents a list of automobile makes whose 1994 models have outsold the 1993 models. Buick, Dodge and GMC in the top three.
- Japan sales continue slow climb in Nov. Johnson, Richard // Automotive News;12/12/1994, Vol. 69 Issue 5582, p37
Reports the steady but slow climb of automobiles sales in Japan for November 1994. Sales for the first 11 months of 1994; Japanese domestic cars; Imports; New-car sales.
- Top ten vehicle sellers. // Automotive News;12/12/1994, Vol. 69 Issue 5582, p36
Lists the top ten vehicle sellers as of November 1994. Ford F-series, Chevrolet C/K pickups and Ford Taurus as top three.
- Canada successes can't stop slump. English, Bob // Automotive News;6/12/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5609, p55
Reports on the sales of automobiles in Canada for May 1995. Sales of cars and light-trucks; Companies with sales increases.
- Japan sales climb 3.4 percent in May. Johnson, Richard // Automotive News;6/12/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5609, p58
Reports on the sales of automobiles in Japan for May 1995. Sales performance of major car makers; Private consumer demand; Increase in sales of imports.
- Canada sales decline 9.5%. // Automotive News;12/11/1995, Vol. 70 Issue 5636, p2
Reports on a decline of car and light truck sales. Vehicles sold by automakers; Automobiles reporting gains.
- Year headed for 14.8 million as Nov. sales fall. Henry, Jim; Rechtin, Mark // Automotive News;12/11/1995, Vol. 70 Issue 5636, p1
Reports that light-vehicle sales are expected to rise. November sales; Comments from Richard Colliver, senior vice president of American Honda Motor Company; Bright spots as year ends; Information from analyst; Top vehicle sellers; Sales rates; Sales of automobile sellers.
- U.S. car and light-truck sales, November 1995 vs. 1994. // Automotive News;12/11/1995, Vol. 70 Issue 5636, p34
Presents statistical information on the United States car and light-truck sales ranked by car and light-truck total sales. Sales for November 1995 versus 1994.