- Using manufacturing performance measures. Chaneski, Wayne S. // Modern Machine Shop;May97, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p48
Discusses the use of manufacturing performance measures to manage a manufacturing business. Sales book performance to sales plan; Sales booking projection to sales plan; Shipment performance to sales plan; Shipment projection to sales plan; Backlog; Capacity by workcenter; Quotation conversion.
- Production managers on the move. // Editor & Publisher;2/4/95, Vol. 128 Issue 5, p30
Presents information regarding the career changes of several production managers across the United States. Fran Scarlett; Lynn Ridder; P. Clinton Rierson; Mike Martin; David A. Thurm; Thomas Cusack.
- 17 surefire ways to trim production costs. Pallans, Peter // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Source Book 1994, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p205
Presents a checklist designed to help production managers to take advantage of every possible savings. Trim size reduction; Basis weight reduction; Paper grade reduction; More.
- Saved money? Tell someone! Arpino, Michael // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;7/1/98, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p31
Focuses on production managers magazines, with emphasis on their lack of recognition by management. Need for production managers to show that the savings are as valuable as revenue made by other departments; Information on negotiated contracts; Tips on how to cut production costs.
- Production Management Cos. Caywood, Thomas // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);03/24/97, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p23
Presents information on the revenue earned by Production Management companies in Louisiana. Comparison of revenue earned in 1996 and 1995; What was cited for the increase in revenue earned; Expectations of companies; Forecasts of revenue for 1997.
- Mass customization sparks sea change. Yovovich, B.G. // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Nov93, Vol. 78 Issue 11, p43
Focuses on the concept of mass customization in manufacturing. Basis of the concept; Examples of companies who used mass customization; Need to gather information about every customer; Custom co-design technique; Integration of marketing with research and development.
- Quality management and competitiveness in Canadian manufacturers. Kohse, Victoria // CMA Magazine;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p25
Presents the results of a survey conducted by Industry Canada and Statistics Canada on Canadian manufacturers to determine to what extent business establishments were using quality management (QM). West-to-east pattern of QM use; Evaluation of the business performance of companies; Conclusion...
- Agile: It's about machines too. Koepfer, G. Chris // Modern Machine Shop;Jan95, Vol. 67 Issue 8, p10
Focuses on agile manufacturing, the concept on maintaining an ability to be nimble because of the rapidly changing manufacturing environment by the realignment of personnel. Neutralization by rigid capital equipment; Comparison between people's adaptability to change with changes in...
- Maintaining the plant of tomorrow--Are we ready? Foster, Thomas B.; Nyman, Donald H. // Management Review;Jun84, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p58
Advises production managers on achieving good maintenance management. Achievement of significant organizational and social change; Organization and use of human resources; Need of changing the concept of the maintenance man's job and skill content.
- Is it quantity over quality? // Televisual;Oct2005, p21
Comments on the issue regarding quantity and quality of production based on the production survey published in the September 2005 issue of the periodical "Televisual."