`Bridging the gap between design engineering & manufacturing--an SAE perspective'
- Shaping Tomorrow's Engineers. SCHWAB, COLLEEN // Ward's Auto World;Mar99, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p81
Features Donald W. Ableson, president of the Society of Automotive Engineers. Career highlights; Other organization affiliations of Ableson; Program initiated by Ableson.
- SAE Seeks Lean Standard. // Ward's Auto World;Jul99, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p30
Looks at a lean manufacturing approach offered by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE). Participants; Other plans of SAE.
- Without the big boys, the show goes on. Wilson, Amy; Sherefkin, Robert // Automotive News;2/26/2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5918, p26B
Focuses on the preparations for the 2001 Society of Automotive Engineers World Congress. Expected number of suppliers and manufacturers to participate; Major companies that will not participate in the event; Details of the congress.
- Late news. Wilson, Amy; Treece, James B.; Stoffer, Harry; Kohn, Joe; Kurylko, Diana T. // Automotive News;6/3/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5985, p1
Reports developments on the automobile industry as of June 2002. Plan of the Society of Automotive Engineers to revamp the Sea World Congress; Total minivehicles sold in China; Installation of monitoring systems in automobiles.
- SAE Hosts Diesel Forum. // Ward's Auto World;May2003, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p17
Reports on the first Executive Management Briefing titled Diesels and Their Future in the U.S. to be conducted by the Society of Automotive Engineers on May 28, 2003. Details of the forum.
- SAE Works to Define `Lean'. Vasilash, Gary S. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Jul99, Vol. 111 Issue 7, p44
Reports on the standards developed by the Society of Automotive Engineers to define best practices for lean manufacturing operations. Process deemed most influential to the profitability of automotive companies by its executives; Elements of lean systems.
- Engineers get their due. Winter, Drew // Ward's Auto World;Dec96, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p98
Features the winners of the 1997 automobile awards by the Society of Plastics Engineers Automotive Division. Includes EV1 thermoplastic structural battery tray; Jeep Wrangler instrument panel; Rear closure panel of the Dodge Viper GTS Coupe.
- Trade shows waiting for impact on biz post-Sept. 11. Anglebrandt, Gary // Crain's Detroit Business;3/4/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on the preparation for the upcoming Society of Automotive Engineers 2002 World Congress at Cobo Center in Detroit, Michigan. Impact of terrorism on the automotive industry and trade shows; Assessment on the attendance at the national and local trade show; Cost of trade shows.
- Lost in traffic? Ask your car to take you home. Rae, Jamee // Oregon Business Magazine;Nov2000, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p43
Focuses on the development of telematics technology for automobiles. Definition by the Society of Automotive Engineers of telematics; Effort by Siemens and Delphi Automotive Systems to offer the technology in the United States; Growth projections for the industry. INSET: LET YOUR CAR DO THE...