The cold approach
- Future BR700 Engines to Be Friendlier to the Environment. Gilbert, Gordon A. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Jan1999, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p18
Reports on the results of the initial tests conducted by BMW Rolls-Royce to an experimental cleaner-burning combustion chamber inside a BR700 core engine. How the BR700 engine worked; Details on the results.
- Death of an LT4. AMEND, JAMES // Ward's Auto World;Sep2015, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p34
A personal narrative is presented which examines the cause for spontaneous burning of a Cadillac CTS-V LT4 V-8 engine during the test driving run of the author at the Road America track.
- Small V6 sedans. Chaikin, Don // Popular Mechanics;Apr95, Vol. 172 Issue 4, p54
Presents the results of testing performed on small sedans powered with V6 engines. Chrysler Cirrus SX; Ford Contour SE; Honda Accord LX V6; Hyundai Sonata GLS; Mazda 626 ES; Mercury Mystique LS; Nissan Maxima SE; Pontiac Grand Am SE; Toyota Camry LE; Volkswagen Passat GLX.
- Not there yet. // AutoWeek;5/9/94, Vol. 44 Issue 19, p51
Reports on driver Paul Tracy's rating of the pushrod Ilmor engine. Failure in the 500-mile tests despite its speed.
- Engine Testing gets up to date to reduce costs and increase competitiveness. Hird, Martin // Environmental Engineering;Dec98, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p31
Reports on the advances in engine test technology as of December 2002. Benefits from developed advances in engine test technology; Information on commonly used machines for dynamic testing; Discussion on object oriented analysis method of engine testing.
- Two-location gauge evaluation. Morchower, Neal D. // Quality Progress;Apr99, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p79
Describes a method for solving problems in testing equipment performance, using the testing of small automotive motors as an example. Testing of a motor's revolution per minute; Comparison of motor performance; Potential reasons for tester disparity; Separation of sequence effects from location...
- How to keep on startin'. Hartley, Paul // Overdrive;Nov98, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p73
Focuses on the starter component of an automobile engine. Problems with starters; Tests to be done; How to check for voltage drop.
- Chapter Two -- Troubleshooting -- Engine Spark Test. Morlan, Mike // Yamaha YFZ450 & YFZ450R, 2004-2013;2013, p28
The article discusses how to conduct an engine spark test on an all-terrain vehicle (ATV), which is used to determine quickly if the problem is in the electrical system or fuel system.
- Testing times. STAHL, MICHAEL // Wheels;May2014, p178
The article presents information on the automotive field testing organization, Test Trak established by automobile engineer Doug Gould.