Charged up! What's behind GM's electric vehicle strategy
- GM gets the juice. // Automotive News;1/22/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5642, p12
Opinion. Commends General Motors (GM) for being the first automaker to mass-produce electric vehicles through its EV1.
- EV1 ads will seek to bolster GM image. Serafin, Raymond // Automotive News;1/22/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5642, p19
Reports on General Motors' (GM) distribution of the GM EV1, the first mass-marketed electric vehicle. GM's desire to get recognition and equity by putting corporate badge on GM EV1; Comments of Ron Zarrella, vice president for North American sales, service and marketing.
- Utilities form partnership, launch test drive. // Electrical World;Nov93, Vol. 207 Issue 11, p30
Reports on an industry/government partnership to launch a test drive of electric vehicles by volunteer motorists. `Preview drive' by General Motors (GM) Corporation's Impact vehicle; Sources of funding; List of participating utilities; Data analysis and service training by GM.
- GM testing electric vehicles in New York. Dickinson, Casey J. // Business Journal (Central New York);2/21/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p18
Reports on the electric-vehicle evaluation study of General Motors in the U.S. Provision of free electric cars to customers for a year; Selection of the States with zero-emission mandates; Participants of the program.
- Advanced thinking. // Automotive Industries;Oct96, Vol. 176 Issue 10, p33
Reports on the focus on electric vehicle technology by General Motors Corp.'s GM Advanced Technology Vehicles division. Statement from division executive director Bob Purcell.
- Impact-based EV hits showrooms this year. // Ward's Auto World;Feb96, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p23
Reports that General Motors Corp. abruptly stepped up to announce at the 1996 North American International Auto Show that it has a market-ready electric vehicle all prepped for sale. Features of the EV1 automobile; Price.
- The Volt at a new solar charging station. // South Texas Automotive Report;Nov2010, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p12
The article reports on the new solar-powered charging stations at the Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly Center in Detroit, Michigan, and the plans of General Motors and its partners to install more home and workplace charging stations in the state.
- Sacramento on EV1 list. Rechtin, Mark // Automotive News;11/10/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5739, p2
Announces that Saturn Corp. will add Sacramento, California as a market for leasing the EV1 electric vehicle. Honda leasing its EVPlus vehicle in Sacramento area; Brief details on cost of leasing.
- Electric vehicles: Everyone pays, but only elite will drive. Mangels, Anita M. // San Diego Business Journal;12/16/96, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p33
Opinion. Discusses the introduction of the electric vehicle by General Motors Incorporated and the financial repercussions for taxpayers as a result of this vehicle. Income of those most likely to afford vehicle; Question over taxpayers paying for vehicle; How environmental benefits for...
- GM to launch six new cars in India. // South Asian Post;3/17/2011, p26
The article reports on the move of General Motors Corp. to launch 14 variants of six new models including the commercial vehicles and the mini Chevrolet electric car in India.