Automotive applications of discrete event simulation
- Tools for the digital stylist. Rowe, Jeffrey // Computer Graphics World;Mar98, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p73
Provides a brief description of some of the digital tools available for automotive design and styling. Includes AutoStudio 8.0 software; CATIA Surface Design; ICEM Surf Modeler; Euclid Styler.
- Automotive design races ahead. Schmitz, Barbara // Computer-Aided Engineering;May98, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p38
Discusses the trends in automotive prototyping in 1998. Cost of hardware testing; Information on virtual prototyping; Trend in using 3-dimensional (3D) solids; Employment of virtual reality softwares such as Oxygen SketchMap. INSETS: The cat is back;Cloning a classic.
- The mother of all crash dummies. Anglebrandt, Gary // Automotive News;9/23/2002, Vol. 77 Issue 6003, information technology p10T
Explores the development of a computer-simulated pregnant crash test dummy from Volvo AB for car seat belt and other equipment designing in the U.S. Importance of computer simulation in automotive engineering; Plans for car testing; Mortality of pregnant women and babies from car accidents.
- Virtual vehicles set the pace. Rowell, Amy // Computer Graphics World;Mar98, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p61
Discusses the use of digital data in designing the Dodge Intrepid and the Romulus Predator automobiles. Use of Unigraphics software in modeling the individual parts and subassemblies of the Romulus Predator; Use of Chrysler Data Visualizers software in developing the Dodge Intrepid; Advantages...
- CAD program simplifies interior ergonomics. Kobe, Gerry // Automotive Industries;May98, Vol. 178 Issue 5, p53
Reports that Engineering Solid Solutions Incorporated (ESS) has produced software entitled Automated Vehicle Interior Packaging Process. Anticipated advantages of the software. Names of ESS' clients; Features of the program.
- Carcerano: Virtual reality design. Ciferri, Luca // Automotive News Europe;11/06/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 23, p20
Focuses on the virtual reality automobile designing company Carcerano. Location of the headquarters; Services offered; Clients.
- PART TO ART. Donelan, Jenny // Computer Graphics World;Jun2001, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p38
Reports on the demonstration of synergy in computer graphics on the manufacturing of car designs. Use of digital prototypes for illustrations of the internal design of vehicles; Creation of promotional materials for car designs; Components of the NVsage computer graphics technology.
- Chrysler's computers cut bugs, lead time. Bondi, Nicole // Automotive News;8/7/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5617, p24
Reports that Chrysler Corp.'s Digital Manufacturing Process System (DMAPS) can simulate every stage of making a car from product development to manufacturing. Significant reduction of lead time and cost; How DMAPS works.
- Designers embrace virtual revolution--but full-size models remain essential. Ciferri, Luca // Automotive News Europe;09/11/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 19, p18
Reveals the importance of virtual reality for automobile designers. Explanations from Sergio Pininfarina, chairman of the Pininfarina group; Advantages of virtual reality; Statement from Fabrizio Giugiaro, a car designer. INSETS: Carcerano puts faith in technology;VIRTUAL PRESENTATIONS AT...