LINGUISTIC, EMOTIONAL AND CONTENT ANALYSES OF SEXUALLY EXPLICIT SCENES IN POPULAR FICTION
- MEKTUP Ä°Ã‡ERÄ°KLÄ° KAZAN TATAR MANÄ°LERÄ°. ÇETİN, Çulpan ZARİPOVA // Electronic Turkish Studies;Summer2013, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p2647
People through the letter have communicated and reported their feelings since ancient times. By means of the letters people exchanged news and secrets, and expressed their feelings. Letters or mentions of correspondence, remained almost in all genres of folklore of the Kazan Tatars. Letters or...
- GREAT READS. // People;5/21/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 21, p51
The article presents a list of recommended fiction books in May 2012 including "The Newlyweds," by Nell Freudenberger, "The Shoemaker's Wife," by Adriana Trigiani, and "Daughters for a Time," by Jennifer Handford.
- CONTENT ANALYSIS OF AN ANOMALOUS EXPERIENCE COLLECTION: EVALUATING EVOLUTIONARY PERSPECTIVES. McClenon, James // Journal of Parapsychology;Sep2002, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p291
Presents a content analysis of several anomalous experience narratives. Discussion on direct benefit and ritual healing parapsychological theories; Description of the methodology used in the analysis; Comparison between the negative and positive emotions in nonhealing and narratives.
- Popular fiction in postwar Spain: the soothing, subversive novela rosa. O'Byrne, Patricia // Journal of Romance Studies;Summer2008, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p37
In the postwar period, the novela rosa or romantic novel was by far the most widely read type of novel in Spain. However, it has received very little critical attention. This article first discusses the case for studying popular literature; it then considers the rise of popular fiction, and in...
- Hot Versus Cool Behavioural Styles in Electronic Negotiations: The Impact of Communication Mode. Pesendorfer, Eva-Maria; Koeszegi, Sabine T. // Group Decision & Negotiation;Mar2006, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p141
In this paper, we study the effects of synchronous and asynchronous communication mode on electronic negotiations. By applying content analysis, we compare the negotiation processes of two e-negotiation simulations conducted in a synchronous and an asynchronous setting. Our results show...
- Safe. // Kirkus Reviews;5/15/2007, Vol. 75 Issue 10, Special Section p21
The article reviews the book "Safe," by Susan Shaw.
- Stories That Teach Life Lessons. Jalongo, Mary Renck // Scholastic Parent & Child;Oct2004, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p36
The article presents information on how to use books and stories to explore important themes with young children. Stories are fundamental to the way we process and experience life events and the feelings that surround them. The ability to create, share, and respond to stories is one of the...
- A Content Analysis of Sex Bias in International News Magazines. Rodgers, Yana Van Der Maulen; Zhang, Jing Ying // Visual Communication: Perception, Rhetoric & Technology;2006, p139
The article focuses on the content analysis regarding the sex bias of international news magazines. It mentions how sensual images on the news magazines affects the readers' interest on the contents of the magazine. It also discusses the broader research agenda on the use of news magazines on...
- METATHEORETICAL CONCERNS IN COMMUNICATION. Pearce, W. Barnett // Communication Quarterly;Winter1977, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p3
An articulated theoretical basis for communication research is necessary because scientific observations are inherently theory-laden. The alternative theoretical bases described in this symposium may be contrasted on their definition of subject-matter, identification of observational and...